Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

northernbizzkit1

Signage

17 posts in this topic

I was driving home today and saw the new sign in front of the International Paper triple towers...

"INTERNATIONAL PAPER GLOBAL HEADQUARTERS"

Pretty sweet! Hopefully we'll see one erected for ServiceMaster in the near future!

I was driving home today and saw the new sign in front of the International Paper triple towers...

"INTERNATIONAL PAPER GLOBAL HEADQUARTERS"

Pretty sweet! Hopefully we'll see one erected for ServiceMaster in the near future!

I've been watching them go up. They're lit up very nicely at night. Kudos to Memphis! :thumbsup:

What do you think about the new First Tennessee sign? It looks awesome at night. They really one-upped Sun Trust. During the day, it only mildly improves the look of the bland aluminum building.

Driving over the Auction Street bridge last night and saw the First Tennessee sign. Wow...it's pretty stunning at night. It certainly makes up for the loss of the Union Planters sign at 100 North Main and outdoes the SunTrust sign by a wide margin.

someone take a photo, night+day? i wont be in memphis for another 4 months.

I don't have my own pic of the 1st Tennessee building, but check this pic out from Emporis.com.

I don't have my own pic of the 1st Tennessee building, but check this pic out from Emporis.com.

I was in awe when I saw it. It is one of the more impressive signs I have ever seen on any building.

Looks like the sign added another 20-30 feet to the building.

Edit: Yea after looking at some older photos it looks like the new sign didn't add any height to the building. But I agree the new signage looks much better at night. If only we could light up sterick.

Looks like the sign added another 20-30 feet to the building.

Am I missing the sign? It looks like they just added "First Tennessee" and shifted the logo to the left. Not to rain on anyone's parade, if you get the wowzas out of that, awesome. Is there something else?

Am I missing the sign? It looks like they just added "First Tennessee" and shifted the logo to the left. Not to rain on anyone's parade, if you get the wowzas out of that, awesome. Is there something else?

:D It doesn't take much for us, does it? No...at night the sign looks awesome. Hard to explain, but it's composed entirely of lights. Looks super-cool and you can't miss it crossing on either of the bridges.

What was on the building before? I tried to find an older picture but they all seem to have that sign on it.

Here's the old sign in daytime. Can't tell whether the new sign adds much height, but the backlit First Tennessee is impressive at night, especially at a distance (Mud Island, for instance). I'll try to get a night shot tomorrow night.

3rdstreet2sf7.jpg

:D It doesn't take much for us, does it? No...at night the sign looks awesome. Hard to explain, but it's composed entirely of lights. Looks super-cool and you can't miss it crossing on either of the bridges.

Can't wait to see it. I know 1st TN always is doing something pretty smooth with its lighting.

That is a HUGE difference. It catches your eye.

oh yeah...you seriously canNOT miss it. looks great IMO. :thumbsup: