Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cotuit

SPECULATION: Federal Reserve Building Hotel

24 posts in this topic

I've heard from several sources that we may see a conversion of the Federal Reserve Building into a hotel. I have no more details than that. Speculate away! :D

K, I'll speculate a little: that building would be a freaking beautiful hotel.

Boutique, I assume? Surely not a chain ...

The "hotel conversion west of Dorrance" rumor, I presume? :D

I'm with Lone Ranger... the building would make a great hotel. Does anyone know what its upper floors are used for Now?

The "hotel conversion west of Dorrance" rumor, I presume? :D

East, but yes. I couldn't have been more plain with my earlier hint. East of Dorrance, people were guessing Fall River. :lol:

Does anyone know what percent of this building is leased with current office space?

I've heard from several sources that we may see a conversion of the Federal Reserve Building into a hotel. I have no more details than that. Speculate away! :D

What's the address of this building?

can someone post a map, live local, or similar for the locationally challenged person writing this post???

can someone post a map, live local, or similar for the locationally challenged person writing this post???

Federal Reserve is the ornate building on Dorrance between Westminster and Weybosset. Across the street from where Quiznos used to be.

LiveLocal

Federal Reserve is the ornate building on Dorrance between Westminster and Weybosset. Across the street from where Quiznos used to be.

Oh, my bad! Of course, the Federal Reserve restaurant. :wacko:

OH - that building!! this is literlly next door to 110, right?

not really. There are a few buildings on Westminster between the Federal Reserve building and the 110 site, inlcuding the arcade and the building Tommy's is in.

yes, I see that, I should have said right down the road from 110, but I know the building now...

Hmmmmm More lost office space. :huh:

Hmmmmm More lost office space. :huh:

You know what though?...I'm glad. My hope is that more of the older buildings in Downcity are converted into hotels, apartments and/or condos, even retail. I'm not exactly for pushing offices out of those spaces right now (because we don't have anymore space to put them in), but in my mind's eye, I prefer office space to be in office towers - not three story, historical buildings like the Fed. Reserve. Maybe the owners of the Fed. Reserve realize that soon there will be more office space in the city ([email protected], hopefully Dyer St.) and thus, don't really need to cater to that group anymore. Also they are likely seeing that today there is a bigger market for tourism/business clientele/Boston-goers in our humble, yet glorious city than there was 5 or 10 years ago.

I prefer office space to be in office towers - not three story, historical buildings like the Fed. Reserve.

The Fed. Reserve building is twelve stories, isn't it?

I don't disagree with your point, but I do wonder if you understand what building you are talking about.

Yes, if not more.

12 according to Emporis, although they have it listed under another name, Union Trust Building. Huh, never heard it called that before ...

12 according to Emporis, although they have it listed under another name, Union Trust Building. Huh, never heard it called that before ...

The building just naturally looks like a hotel, dosen't it. :):thumbsup:

The building just naturally looks like a hotel, dosen't it. :):thumbsup:

If we didn't already have one, I'd say this would make a great Hotel Providence.

The Fed. Reserve building is twelve stories, isn't it?

I don't disagree with your point, but I do wonder if you understand what building you are talking about.

Yeah, I know the building - I used to deliver ice to it when I was a kid. I wasn't being specific to the Federal Reserve....just all the smaller historical buildings that are being used for office space. My bad for being inarticulate.