Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jencoleslaw

where to work wirelessly

38 posts in this topic

sometimes, i really want to get out of the office, but i need to work. Where can me and the trusty laptop companion go for a nice cuppa tea or a stiff (depending on whether it is before or after 8 am) downtown? Someplace that doesn't charge for wireless would be good because if i have to pay for it i might as well just suffer at the office.

thanks in advance.

Tazza, me thinks. Also Relections up at the top of Wickenden if you want to get away from Downcity.

Tazza, me thinks. Also Relections up at the top of Wickenden if you want to get away from Downcity.

reflections is a little far from my office, when i just want to be out of the office for an hour or two... Tazza works though.

Where can me and the trusty laptop companion go for a nice cuppa tea or a stiff (depending on whether it is before or after 8 am) downtown?

do starbucks or borders charge?

i also think as220 has wireless.

and you go out for stiffs? :P

and you go out for stiffs? :P

who doesn't?!

and does AS220 still have the cafe? i thought it was Bar and Taco Place, but you couldn't get a cup of tea and one of those vegan cookies anymore...

who doesn't?!

and does AS220 still have the cafe? i thought it was Bar and Taco Place, but you couldn't get a cup of tea and one of those vegan cookies anymore...

didn't notice a cafe there last night... just the taco place and bar... but the food at the taco place is good. :)

there will be free wireless at the Happy Ending Dessert Spa.

There's free wireless at my house if you know the password. Actually, there's free wireless to be had here even if you don't know a password.

are there snacks there? because i really can't work outside the office unless there are snacks.

There's free wireless at my house if you know the password. Actually, there's free wireless to be had here even if you don't know a password.

same here... but you need to know the SSID as well.

there's free wireless in almost any dense neighborhood. you can probably sit on the sidewalk almost anywhere on college hill and pick up free wireless... same goes for that section of elmhurst where PC kids rent.

I've got four signals besides my own right now.

I've got four signals besides my own right now.

i'm surrounded by old people... they don't have internet, nevermind wireless...

i'm surrounded by old people... they don't have internet, nevermind wireless...

I'm surrounded by Johnson & Wales students. :lol:

Icon Cafe at Rising Sun Mills has free wireless, beer and wine, and lots of food. But not in downtown...

Dosen't the Starbucks in the Biltmore have wireless?

i THINK you have to pay to tie into it. :angry:

I went into two former "spas" this week. Ew. So excited for Happy Endings.

I went into two former "spas" this week. Ew. So excited for Happy Endings.

how much are such former spas asking in rent/lease?

btw, i saw the other day on my way home from the vet that Spikes on Richmond has free wi-fi.

btw, i saw the other day on my way home from the vet that Spikes on Richmond has free wi-fi.

That's the new coffee shop right? THe name escapes me now, but I walked past it recently. I hope it still has late night food like Spikes did.

That's the new coffee shop right? THe name escapes me now, but I walked past it recently. I hope it still has late night food like Spikes did.

it isn't a spikes anymore? Well, i am planting trees with the owner tomorrow so i'll just ask...

The trick with wireless in the starbucks at the Biltmore is to sit as close to the hotel lobby as possible. There is free wireless for the hotel guests (limited I think to the lobby) but the signal loses strength quickly as you go into starbucks. One note: I haven't tried this for about a year so I may be dead wrong - but worth a shot if you're in the neighborhood

Three Sisters Cafe (where Maximillian's near Blackstone used to be) has free wifi, although it is really not downtown at all. Jac's Wraps in Pawtucket has free wifi, too. You used to be able to hop onto the neighboring salon's connnection at White Electric, but the salon closed their network, sadly.