where to work wirelessly

jencoleslaw

Three Sisters Cafe (where Maximillian's near Blackstone used to be) has free wifi, although it is really not downtown at all. Jac's Wraps in Pawtucket has free wifi, too. You used to be able to hop onto the neighboring salon's connnection at White Electric, but the salon closed their network, sadly.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 sister's serves Max's ice cream. They bought all of the recipes along with the space. They didn't even change the door handles. But they do also serve coffee/pastries (apricot/ginger scone was very nice) and a full lunch menu.

They also apparently have folk music on Friday nights and had some kind of rally about Darfur a week or so ago.

You only have Max to blame. (well, whoever was running it.) They got tired of doing it, so your choice is 3 sis or nothing over there. It's not like he was pushed out.

Regardless, I wouldn't let your feelings get in the way quite yet. They did buy all of the recipes and they are still making the ice cream in the basement. Unless they were blatantly lying to me, in which case shame on me. I have not yet had the ice cream, as much as I love ice cream I usually walk over there and the weather hasn't been too conducive to ice cream. Frankly, over the last couple of years, it was getting impossible to eat a Max's ice cream cone because of the disrepair of the freezers (it was half melted all the time but then sometimes had over-frozen lumps). I loved Max's but the infrastructure needed to be replaced - I wouldn't take it personally.

The Edge is nice and cozy. They do have free wifi. I haven't had much of the food there, but the veggie wrap is good.

I've been told that the EDGE coffee shop in Wayland square has wifi and is comfortable? (not downtown though)

sometimes, i really want to get out of the office, but i need to work. Where can me and the trusty laptop companion go for a nice cuppa tea or a stiff (depending on whether it is before or after 8 am) downtown? Someplace that doesn't charge for wireless would be good because if i have to pay for it i might as well just suffer at the office.

thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived