New License Plates

Pillsbury

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as i've wanted a new tag, I don't like this one. I like the county feature they have on the tags now. I like knowing where everybody is from, like when your out of town or something.

I hope they are planning on keeping the special tags.

Yeah, me too. I like running people from Cobb and Columbia counties off the road every chance I get. Now it'll be a toss-up. It mentioned something in the article about having the county name in the decal but not necessarily across the bottom. Not sure what that means.....

From the article, I also noticed where they indicated that they may place a "bar code" type of strip or something on the tag for police to scan and recieve instant infomation. Does any other states currently have "bar-code scanning" systems in place like this? As far as the look of the tag, it looks OK, but it does kind of look like a replica of the Michigan and old Pennsylvania tags with the blue color. I also for some reason really like to see the county decal on the tags and would be sort of disappointed if they took it away, ( I don't really know why I would be disappointed though :blink: )

At least y'all in other states get some variety. I think NC's been running with the same plate design since '84. Personally, I don't like the county being listed on the plate. I did live in a rural county in TN for a while that had a bad reputation. I was constantly being pulled over in neighboring counties while I lived there. :angry:

The new tags are okay I suppose.

I do, however , think the tags should have the county of registration (origin) on them. I don't know, it's odd but I like the idea of people knowing the county where someone is from. If I ever drive to say Chicago or New York...heavens forbid (that's a long drive)...people could immediately know that I'm from Fulton County. I think there should be the option. Like in Florida where we sometimes see "Sunshine State" and sometimes "Palm Beach" (or any other county) in the lower portion of the tag.

In the grand scheme of things I guess it really doesn't matter.

Heres what they look like for those who haven't seen it yet. The blue ones are for the Drivers. If you ask me, it looks like GA is pulling a "Virginia" with it being so simple. The lettering fonts on the VA plates too are nice.

135623.jpg

I'm not sure what I think of this one yet. I could get used to it, just like this "Georgia.gov" edition, but the "Georgia....on my mind" one is classic, and more creative IMO. I would of loved it if they brought back that style. Also, the deep blue background might be a little much. The white and gray ones to me seem a bit more elegant and match almost every vehicle its on.

The new tags are okay I suppose.

I do, however , think the tags should have the county of registration (origin) on them. I don't know, it's odd but I like the idea of people knowing the county where someone is from. If I ever drive to say Chicago or New York...heavens forbid (that's a long drive)...people could immediately know that I'm from Fulton County. I think there should be the option. Like in Florida where we sometimes see "Sunshine State" and sometimes "Palm Beach" (or any other county) in the lower portion of the tag.

In the grand scheme of things I guess it really doesn't matter.

To comment on that: I had heard somewhere that the reason FL has done away with it's county names is maybe because of certain county's reputations. If you're from a certain county, then it's possible that you could be either be victimized, stalked, or in one case murdered. I can't remember where I heard this from, but I guess it's just a rumor.

In GA's case, I like them too, because I can easily see how often people get around here and from where. Like here in midtown ATL the other day, I saw quite a few Columbia, Bibb, Muscogee county tags in the flux of all the ATL ones, but not as many Richmond though :( .

To comment on that: I had heard somewhere that the reason FL has done away with it's county names is maybe because of certain county's reputations. If you're from a certain county, then it's possible that you could be either be victimized, stalked, or in one case murdered. I can't remember where I heard this from, but I guess it's just a rumor.

I can see how this could be the case. Palm Beach, Broward, Orange and Collier would probably be big targets. Every now and then I will see a Broward or Palm Beach county plate. I used to see a lot on the interstate from Escambia. I had to locate this county because I had to know where they were coming from.

In GA's case, I like them too, because I can easily see how often people get around here and from where. Like here in midtown ATL the other day, I saw quite a few Columbia, Bibb, Muscogee county tags in the flux of all the ATL ones, but not as many Richmond though :( .

You know, I will have to pay close attention when I am next out. I don't think I can recall seeing a Richmond county tag in a long time. I see alot of Houston county.

The thought of getting a new, hopefully better looking, liscense plate alone is exciting. Let's just hope they come up with a good one.

I hope they keep they county names on the plates. For example, tags that say "Butts County" good for a couple jokes among high schoolers like myself. ( ;) )

I knew Sonny would pull that after the bad press. That proposed tag was flat out U-G-L-Y.

And I HATE that state symbol in the middle. Looks too much like UGA

"Glory, Glory hail to Georgia Tech and to Hell with U-G-A"

Tennessee's new tags have a barcode on them, but I wouldn't think it could be read at a distance. I try and post a pic

We don't leave Richmond very much, and if we do, we use one of those specialty tags like the wildlife tag so that no one can tell where we're from. :cry:

rockytopbuzz, the arches are in the state seal as well as GT's official school seal.

Do you remember back prior to the olympics when we had the peach colred tags? The UGA peach-version tag looked just like that state seal. I'm just saying it looks more like UGA than Georgia Tech.

I'm just curious, does anyone think the tag should be changed? Why change tags every 5 years anyway?

I think it looks kind of tacky myself. I guess I just like my old tag. I've still got the "Georgia on my mind" Tag on my car, and I've always liked it.

But yeah, reading that they were going to try again hd me relieved. I think the state should keep the counties and really, keep the motto.

Archived