New License Plates

Pillsbury

Heres what they look like for those who haven't seen it yet. The blue ones are for the Drivers. If you ask me, it looks like GA is pulling a "Virginia" with it being so simple. The lettering fonts on the VA plates too are nice.

135623.jpg

I'm not sure what I think of this one yet. I could get used to it, just like this "Georgia.gov" edition, but the "Georgia....on my mind" one is classic, and more creative IMO. I would of loved it if they brought back that style. Also, the deep blue background might be a little much. The white and gray ones to me seem a bit more elegant and match almost every vehicle its on.

Ooooo, dang. But, on the plus side, it'll always look better than the current Alabama license plates.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, me too. I like running people from Cobb and Columbia counties off the road every chance I get. Now it'll be a toss-up. It mentioned something in the article about having the county name in the decal but not necessarily across the bottom. Not sure what that means.....

What's wrong with people from Cobb and Columbia counties? Certainly you're kidding, lest you be an uncivilized brute.

Anyway, regarding the license plate, it's okay. It's not the worst. I tend to think that the blue will look nice on automobiles. It's one of those plates that look better on cars than off vehicles. I also believe that the county feature will be included. Whenever a new license plate is shown to the public, it is not included, as what county is going to be represented to the entire state? Most likely the area to the bottom will be used for the county.

Last I heard, Governor, Sonny Perdue said that it was back to the drawing board, considering "public outcry" to this plate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heres what they look like for those who haven't seen it yet. The blue ones are for the Drivers. If you ask me, it looks like GA is pulling a "Virginia" with it being so simple. The lettering fonts on the VA plates too are nice.

135623.jpg

I'm not sure what I think of this one yet. I could get used to it, just like this "Georgia.gov" edition, but the "Georgia....on my mind" one is classic, and more creative IMO. I would of loved it if they brought back that style. Also, the deep blue background might be a little much. The white and gray ones to me seem a bit more elegant and match almost every vehicle its on.

• 1 month later...
considering i've got a blue/white michigan tag on my car, (and that michigan is getting rid of the blue tags due to "hazardous manufacturing techniques") i'd loved to have seen georgia get that blue tag with the seal.

good god, bubba sonny squashes yet another good idea. he's probably the biggest (and one of the only) things i definitely don't miss about the state.

• 1 month later...

Well, the link does not work, so I did not get to see the new plate. Yeah, NC has had the same plate for many years, which is sad, because the plate is not all that grand anymore.

Tennessee started a new plate in 2006. The previous plate was only around for 5 years (2000-2005). I think before that- I think the previous plate 1999-back also ran for about 5, but unsure. I hated that plate, because it did not say "TENNESSEE" anywhere on it. It said "bicenTENNial". :rolleyes: I was glad to see it go.

The 2000 TN plate was a nice change and actually spelled out "TENNESSEE" and below that it said "sounds good to me", which is the slogan.

The new plate just says Tennessee, and "volunteer state" below that with greenish looking mountains- which may seem out of place in middle and west Tennessee, which is flat. :unsure: I like them though.

I always liked the Georgia plate that had an orange for the "O". Around the late 90s?

Personally I think that the new plate is a little drab.

Well, the link does not work, so I did not get to see the new plate. Yeah, NC has had the same plate for many years, which is sad, because the plate is not all that grand anymore.

Tennessee started a new plate in 2006. The previous plate was only around for 5 years (2000-2005). I think before that- I think the previous plate 1999-back also ran for about 5, but unsure. I hated that plate, because it did not say "TENNESSEE" anywhere on it. It said "bicenTENNial". :rolleyes: I was glad to see it go.

The 2000 TN plate was a nice change and actually spelled out "TENNESSEE" and below that it said "sounds good to me", which is the slogan.

The new plate just says Tennessee, and "volunteer state" below that with greenish looking mountains- which may seem out of place in middle and west Tennessee, which is flat. :unsure: I like them though.

I always liked the Georgia plate that had an orange for the "O". Around the late 90s?

Personally I think that the new plate is a little drab.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey, has anyone seen the new FULL white New Georgia Tags on the road now. Apparently, I've already seen some from Richmond, Clayton, Rockdale, and Dekalb counties. They start from the continuation of the previous Georgia.gov series at AW* ####. I'm glad they kept the peach with the state shape inside it, but wished they didn't put it in the center directly, kinda throws it off a bit. Otherwise they don't look too bad, but I suppose like all the other previous plates, they'll have to grow on me.

If anyone gets a snapshot of one, please post.

Archived