Exploding Thai House Restaurant

monsoon

Did anyone notice the very popular Thai House restaurant at the Promenade near UNCC blew up last night. Apparently they were spraying bug spray near a gas pilot light in the kitchen and it caused an explosion that traveled through the restaurant and blew out the front of the place. Fortunately nobody was killed. A very good friend of mine had dinner there last night and left just a couple of hours or so before this happened.

This was a pretty good place to eat. I hope they manage to get it back into business.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I don't know what's worse for the restaurant's reputation; the fact that it blew up, or the fact that the restaurant had that many bugs that they needed 29 bug bombs.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but MOST, if not ALL, restaurants periodically BUG BOMB their restaurants to KEEP bugs away. When there's food left around, there will be bugs. Now if a restaurant NEVER has pest control come out to spray their restaurants, I will not touch it...too much risk for bugs in your food. This I know because I know people that own restaurants, and it is impossible to avoid bugs, but limit them, yes you can.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but MOST, if not ALL, restaurants periodically BUG BOMB their restaurants to KEEP bugs away. When there's food left around, there will be bugs. Now if a restaurant NEVER has pest control come out to spray their restaurants, I will not touch it...too much risk for bugs in your food. This I know because I know people that own restaurants, and it is impossible to avoid bugs, but limit them, yes you can.

I'm aware, it was a joke. Don't read too much into things on UP.

Actually the point was made the restaurant exploded because they cheaped out with grocery store bug bombs instead of using a professional pest control company. I have worked in the restaurant business myself, and if you keep the place clean and hire a competant pest company, there won't be any bugs at all in the place.

Aussie Luke, in the case of your posts, I do certainly agree with you. :rolleyes:

Archived