TaMolly's opens second location in Texarkana, Ark.

bigboyz05

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is awesome! This is right by Cooper Tire, so that should help it. I wonder why that Dixie Diner didn't last? I like that little shopping center it was in... just like the shopping center at Kings Hwy/I-30 in Nash.

I like TaMolly's.... may even eat dinner there tonight. I'll be in Texarkana for the 4-states fair and Demo Derby tonight... I go every year.

I checked their website, it shows they have locations in Texarkana, Arkadelphia, Bryant, and Jonesboro.

Oddly enough, it shows a future location for Northwest Arkansas. :)

Cool! :) It looks like Shreveport, Bossier City, and Monroe are all shown as future locations as well.

That's awesome, because my wife and I like TaMolly's. It's "value-priced" Mexican food, but it's not nasty or a buffet like Pancho's.

While in Texarkana last night, we ate cheeseburgers and fries at the Four States Fair... that was our dinner... and it was good.

Darius: Did you go to the fair this year?

Cool! :) It looks like Shreveport, Bossier City, and Monroe are all shown as future locations as well.

That's awesome, because my wife and I like TaMolly's. It's "value-priced" Mexican food, but it's not nasty or a buffet like Pancho's.

While in Texarkana last night, we ate cheeseburgers and fries at the Four States Fair... that was our dinner... and it was good.

Darius: Did you go to the fair this year?

No I didn't go to the fair this year. I haven't been in a while.

No I didn't go to the fair this year. I haven't been in a while.

It's a lot of fun... much safer than the fair here.

Good food as well. I don't recommend the demo derby... lots of racist rednecks. We've been the last 5 years in a row, but after our experience with the rednecks this year we decided we will not go back again. Damn shame. The fair, itself, is nice though!

I checked their website, it shows they have locations in Texarkana, Arkadelphia, Bryant, and Jonesboro.

Oddly enough, it shows a future location for Northwest Arkansas. :)

They're based in Texarkana. I ate at the one in Greenville, TX and it's decent, my wife and I enjoyed it. It's kind of strange that they're avoiding going into urban areas more where other Tex-Mex alternatives like Tia's and El Chico's are more prominent but they're certainly planning on expanding. Their food is just as good as these restaurants in my opinion based on a single visit.

They're based in Texarkana. I ate at the one in Greenville, TX and it's decent, my wife and I enjoyed it. It's kind of strange that they're avoiding going into urban areas more where other Tex-Mex alternatives like Tia's and El Chico's are more prominent but they're certainly planning on expanding. Their food is just as good as these restaurants in my opinion based on a single visit.

Wow, I just checked their contact info and you're absolutely right. I had no idea they were based there, I would have thought in the Little Rock area. Thanks for pointing that out! They've done a GREAT job with their restaurants.

El Chico has 4 or 5 locations here... plus we have Pancho's, Posado's, Nicky's (local chain,) Trejo's (local chain,) and TONS of other Tex-Mex places so they will have some serious competition when they open here. But I truly think they can compete well!

Wow, I just checked their contact info and you're absolutely right. I had no idea they were based there, I would have thought in the Little Rock area. Thanks for pointing that out! They've done a GREAT job with their restaurants.

El Chico has 4 or 5 locations here... plus we have Pancho's, Posado's, Nicky's (local chain,) Trejo's (local chain,) and TONS of other Tex-Mex places so they will have some serious competition when they open here. But I truly think they can compete well!

There's actually not a TaMolly's in LR yet, there is one in Bryant. The authentic places are bigger up here in LR. We have a pretty good variety of places but not Posado's, which I think is pretty solid.

For chain Tex-Mex, On the Border's pretty good as well.

It's a lot of fun... much safer than the fair here.

Good food as well. I don't recommend the demo derby... lots of racist rednecks. We've been the last 5 years in a row, but after our experience with the rednecks this year we decided we will not go back again. Damn shame. The fair, itself, is nice though!

Did you have any problems with bigots at the derby?

Did you have any problems with bigots at the derby?

Dude, that's all there seems to be at the derby anymore. I'm white, straight, married, and a pretty big guy. And still I didn't want to be there with those hillbillies. A black person would have probably ended up fighting with these people over the way they were talking. They were disrespecting blacks, women, children, everyone. And they were big, fat, ugly, smelly hillbillies with no room to talk about anyone else. And had I not been outnumbered 10-1 in the little area I was sitting in, I'd certainly have done something about it. Even if I'd have had a friend or two there we would have done something about it. One of my good friends was working security on the fairgrounds that night, but his wife was at the derby with us. He'd have LOVED to be in there to help me whip some rednecks.

Dude, that's all there seems to be at the derby anymore. I'm white, straight, married, and a pretty big guy. And still I didn't want to be there with those hillbillies. A black person would have probably ended up fighting with these people over the way they were talking. They were disrespecting blacks, women, children, everyone. And they were big, fat, ugly, smelly hillbillies with no room to talk about anyone else. And had I not been outnumbered 10-1 in the little area I was sitting in, I'd certainly have done something about it. Even if I'd have had a friend or two there we would have done something about it. One of my good friends was working security on the fairgrounds that night, but his wife was at the derby with us. He'd have LOVED to be in there to help me whip some rednecks.

LMBAO! I wonder where those fools are from? Probably some podunk town right outside Texarkana. Like Fouke. I would liked to have karate kicked one in their bulging beer belly.

LMBAO! I wonder where those fools are from? Probably some podunk town right outside Texarkana. Like Fouke. I would liked to have karate kicked one in their bulging beer belly.

I swear to God they were from Fouke. Really. Someone near them asked where they were from and that's what they said. My wife and I laughed when we heard that, knowing what a hick town Fouke is.

Are there even any people of different ethnicities living in Fouke?

There was recently a black family from Fouke who made the news because they were being threatened and harassed. So to answer your question, most likely not. I've honestly never even seen anything but white people stop into the gas stations there.

I truly believe the KKK still has a huge grip on Fouke, though in this day and age they're not going to come right out and admit it.

There's no use for groups like that, and there's no use in a town like Fouke being so racist... especially when Texarkana is so liberal and laid back. I can't tell you how many interracial couples I've seen in Texarkana, but I know two of them personally. One would be my mother-in-law and her husband... she's white, he's black. Another is my wife's old boss, who is a black lady married to a white man. Great people, and very comfortable in Texarkana... but in Fouke they'd be ridiculed and threatened. It's just uncalled for and shouldn't go on in the world of today.

There was recently a black family from Fouke who made the news because they were being threatened and harassed. So to answer your question, most likely not. I've honestly never even seen anything but white people stop into the gas stations there.

I truly believe the KKK still has a huge grip on Fouke, though in this day and age they're not going to come right out and admit it.

Jeez, I thought our part of the state was the only area that had that presence. Well, we don't have it any more. The only parts that are considered to have a remote presence of white supremacists are around the Harrison area. Things have changed in my part of the state for the better.

Jeez, I thought our part of the state was the only area that had that presence. Well, we don't have it any more. The only parts that are considered to have a remote presence of white supremacists are around the Harrison area. Things have changed in my part of the state for the better.

Why don't you check out Cabot. There are a few around the area. Not only against blacks but hispanics as well.

A police report this summer from Cabot reported a hispanic had their tires slashed and a note was left they get out of town. Just drive up Hwy 5 to El Paso and check out Smitty's.

I'll be quite honest, the movement is still strong in my area though they don't pass out pamphlets in public like they used to. Every now and then, pamphlets will surface and it's only because someone dropped one or something to that extent. There haven't been any rallies here in many years, but racial tension is still VERY high. Shreveport is 51% black, Bossier City is 24% black (this is from my memory so I could be a bit off) and blacks are deeply-rooted in this area. But back in the early 80s, literally less than 1 mile from where I'm typing this post, a huge racial riot broke out after a drug deal gone bad involving a white woman in an all-black neighborhood.

We still have some all-white towns around here as well and those are the most backward towns in this area. What's funny, though, is that while those towns are all white, there are high-crime black neighborhoods that border them.

There's no use for groups like that, and there's no use in a town like Fouke being so racist... especially when Texarkana is so liberal and laid back. I can't tell you how many interracial couples I've seen in Texarkana, but I know two of them personally. One would be my mother-in-law and her husband... she's white, he's black. Another is my wife's old boss, who is a black lady married to a white man. Great people, and very comfortable in Texarkana... but in Fouke they'd be ridiculed and threatened. It's just uncalled for and shouldn't go on in the world of today.

Yeah Texarkana is surprisingly diverse. Not only do I see black and white couples but latin and black, white and asian, asian and black and latin and white. The only way Fouke will change is if Texarkana grows out to meet the town and the diversity from our city follows. People in Fouke are so weird. I passed through there on my way back from Shreveport and when I went in the gas station the people there just stared. I swear that town is like from the land that time forgot or something.

I'll be quite honest, the movement is still strong in my area though they don't pass out pamphlets in public like they used to. Every now and then, pamphlets will surface and it's only because someone dropped one or something to that extent. There haven't been any rallies here in many years, but racial tension is still VERY high. Shreveport is 51% black, Bossier City is 24% black (this is from my memory so I could be a bit off) and blacks are deeply-rooted in this area. But back in the early 80s, literally less than 1 mile from where I'm typing this post, a huge racial riot broke out after a drug deal gone bad involving a white woman in an all-black neighborhood.

We still have some all-white towns around here as well and those are the most backward towns in this area. What's funny, though, is that while those towns are all white, there are high-crime black neighborhoods that border them.

You know what Brian, I remember hearing about a town right off Hwy 71 that still had seperate entrances and exits for blacks and whites at a doctor's office. I think the town is either Hosston or Gilliam. I'm not sure which one it is. I thought people let all this mess go a long time ago but, I guess not.

You know what Brian, I remember hearing about a town right off Hwy 71 that still had seperate entrances and exits for blacks and whites at a doctor's office. I think the town is either Hosston or Gilliam. I'm not sure which one it is. I thought people let all this mess go a long time ago but, I guess not.

It might be Gilliam, but I know it's not Hosston. Hosston has a HIGH percentage of black people. And not just regular black people, but that town has a lot of violent thugs like Shreveport. It's got a high crime rate for a small town, and any white KKK member who might step in one of those thugs' way is likely to have a fight on his hands.

Yeah Texarkana is surprisingly diverse. Not only do I see black and white couples but latin and black, white and asian, asian and black and latin and white. The only way Fouke will change is if Texarkana grows out to meet the town and the diversity from our city follows. People in Fouke are so weird. I passed through there on my way back from Shreveport and when I went in the gas station the people there just stared. I swear that town is like from the land that time forgot or something.

It's because they believe in the Fouke monster. :D

Kidding. But I've heard many bigfoot reports in the Fouke area. They had a show on Discovery Channel about bigfoot, and fouke was mentioned. They went to the town, and it looked about the most backward town I'd ever seen in Arkansas.

It's because they believe in the Fouke monster. :D

Kidding. But I've heard many bigfoot reports in the Fouke area. They had a show on Discovery Channel about bigfoot, and fouke was mentioned. They went to the town, and it looked about the most backward town I'd ever seen in Arkansas.

They have a life-size wooden cutout of the "Fouke Monster" on the side of Hwy 71 with a hole cut out for the face, so people can stop and take photos with it. Yeah... that's right in front of the convenience store called the "Monster Mart!" Seriously. :D

Anyway, a lot of people from Texarkana seem to think that the Fouke Monster never was supposed to be a creature to begin with, but rather a euphemism for the KKK but that the Fouke Monster hysteria caught on and then that town's "big foot" legend began. It's rumored that white people used to tell black people in that area of Arkansas that if they didn't leave town, the "Fouke Monster" would get them, meaning the KKK.

Like I said, who knows... but I do know that all these small towns between Shreveport and Texarkana are pretty backward. I'll be glad when I-49 is finished the whole way so I don't have to drive through those towns at 35 and 45 mph anymore!

AHA!!! I just discovered where TaMollys' first location will be going in Shreveport-Bossier. In North Bossier there is a 750,000 sq. ft. SuperTarget-anchored shopping center being built, and across the street from that a smaller shopping center is being constructed at the entrance to Oak Alley and Willis-Knighton Bossier. In this smaller shopping center, the area's 7th Starbucks is being built (the 6th is under construction inside the new Shreveport Hilton)... and it looks like TaMolly's will either be in that center or next to it. I've been behind on this year's Bossier City MPC agendas and meetings, and I just discovered their June agenda on which TaMollys was listed for that location!

Archived