TaMolly's opens second location in Texarkana, Ark.

bigboyz05

Bossier is definitely hot, especially in that corridor. But I'm just ready to have yet another Tex-Mex option! And they'll have excellent competition just around the corner from local chain Nicky's. And just about 1 mile down the road is Trejo's, another local chain. There will be a LOT of restaurants in that area now, with all those expected to come in with the new development, but I think TaMolly's will hold its own. TaMolly's is value-priced Tex-Mex and it's not nasty like Pancho's. It's actually quite tasty. And their sopapillas come with whipped cream and strawberries for only $2 or $3. The same thing at Superior is $6 or $7.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bossier is definitely hot, especially in that corridor. But I'm just ready to have yet another Tex-Mex option! And they'll have excellent competition just around the corner from local chain Nicky's. And just about 1 mile down the road is Trejo's, another local chain. There will be a LOT of restaurants in that area now, with all those expected to come in with the new development, but I think TaMolly's will hold its own. TaMolly's is value-priced Tex-Mex and it's not nasty like Pancho's. It's actually quite tasty. And their sopapillas come with whipped cream and strawberries for only $2 or $3. The same thing at Superior is $6 or $7.

Oh man! I love sopapillas, especially dipped in honey. Whipped cream and strawberries sounds damn good too. I don't know if it's true or not but this lady I know at work said TGIFridays is coming here. I'd love to try their food. I also like Chili's. I considered eating at Outback Steakhouse. That is until those people were slaughtered there.

I'm not a fan of Outback... never have liked it. The only thing they have that I actually like is the Alice Springs Chicken... and even that makes me sick every time I eat it.

I'm with you, Darius... when someone has been slaughtered at a restaurant, I'll never go there again. It's just a quirk I have. There's a barbecue restaurant chain here, and inside one of its locations a few years ago, 4 people were murdered. It closed shortly thereafter because people stopped going. And unlike the Outback slayings in Texarkana, THESE people were NEVER caught! They're still out there somewhere. That restaurant has been a number of things since then, and it seems that time has washed away its wounds because now it's a successful Tex-Mex restaurant. I'll never go, though.

Also, since two people have been killed at Herby-K's in robberies, I'll never eat there and I'll never eat at the Taco Bell on Barksdale Blvd in South Bossier after a woman was mutilated inside that restaurant. Those places are ALL off my list... I'm too superstitious I suppose. I've even eaten at the Outback in Texarkana (reluctantly) but after those slayings, I'll never eat there again.

I'm not a fan of Outback... never have liked it. The only thing they have that I actually like is the Alice Springs Chicken... and even that makes me sick every time I eat it.

I'm with you, Darius... when someone has been slaughtered at a restaurant, I'll never go there again. It's just a quirk I have. There's a barbecue restaurant chain here, and inside one of its locations a few years ago, 4 people were murdered. It closed shortly thereafter because people stopped going. And unlike the Outback slayings in Texarkana, THESE people were NEVER caught! They're still out there somewhere. That restaurant has been a number of things since then, and it seems that time has washed away its wounds because now it's a successful Tex-Mex restaurant. I'll never go, though.

Also, since two people have been killed at Herby-K's in robberies, I'll never eat there and I'll never eat at the Taco Bell on Barksdale Blvd in South Bossier after a woman was mutilated inside that restaurant. Those places are ALL off my list... I'm too superstitious I suppose. I've even eaten at the Outback in Texarkana (reluctantly) but after those slayings, I'll never eat there again.

I bet anyone who works the night shift in those places has stories of hearing or seeing things.

Man, I know what you mean. One of my coworkers hasn't been to work in a few days. Anyway, her daughter comes in asking is she there and she was told her mother hadn't been to work in a few days. She then goes on to say that her mother's boyfriend has been telling people that she's been at work when they ask for her. The whole thing sounds fishy. I hope her boyfriend didn't do anything to her.

Man, I know what you mean. One of my coworkers hasn't been to work in a few days. Anyway, her daughter comes in asking is she there and she was told her mother hadn't been to work in a few days. She then goes on to say that her mother's boyfriend has been telling people that she's been at work when they ask for her. The whole thing sounds fishy. I hope her boyfriend didn't do anything to her.

Man, that's a scary thought. Keep me posted on how this goes...

Cool! :) It looks like Shreveport, Bossier City, and Monroe are all shown as future locations as well.

That's awesome, because my wife and I like TaMolly's. It's "value-priced" Mexican food, but it's not nasty or a buffet like Pancho's.

While in Texarkana last night, we ate cheeseburgers and fries at the Four States Fair... that was our dinner... and it was good.

Darius: Did you go to the fair this year?

Ah, I was about to ask what it was.

I checked their website, it shows they have locations in Texarkana, Arkadelphia, Bryant, and Jonesboro.

Oddly enough, it shows a future location for Northwest Arkansas. :)

Not trying to downplay it, but with all the Mexican restaurants here in NWA I can't say I'd be likely to eat there instead of what we already have unless it was really excellent.

There's actually not a TaMolly's in LR yet, there is one in Bryant. The authentic places are bigger up here in LR. We have a pretty good variety of places but not Posado's, which I think is pretty solid.

For chain Tex-Mex, On the Border's pretty good as well.

I agree with you there. If I want Tex-Mex I go to On the Border.

I hate this stuff. It embarasses the hell out of our state.

I agree with both of you guys.

I only posted it because it was related to the topic... like you guys I'd prefer it not even occur. It's sad that our society is still this way in some backward towns. We have towns like that here, too... even the town I live in is finally coming out of that kind of image. But it's taken forever. Lucky for me I live in an area where newer subdivision developments are being built, bringing people from all over the United States. The guy next door to me on one side is from Florida, my other next-door neighbors are from here I believe, and the people across the street from me are from New Mexico. My street has people from most states as well as some people from here (like myself.) It's a nice, mixed neighborhood made up of mostly military people. This is a trend that is starting to take hold in this small town, and that's one of the reasons I agreed to move out here. As a matter of fact, the woman I bought my house from is in the military and was actually moving to Florida to start working for NASA.

Well, we were just discussing Fouke last week and here we go... a cross burning trial.

http://www.ktbs.com/news/local/4225441.html

That really is a shame! You'd think people wouldn't act like that anymore. Anyway, I'm glad the freeway passes right by them so I don't have to drive through hillbilly land anymore.

Archived