ABC's Good Morning American broadcasting from Memphis this morning (Fri)

Clobber

Excerpt from the bizjournal, http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/stories...tml?from_rss=1:

'Good Morning America' coming to Memphis

Memphis Business Journal - September 8, 2006by Andy AshbyStaff writer

Print this Article Email this Article Reprints RSS Feeds Most Viewed Most Emailed

On Sept. 15 America will wake up on Beale Street.

According to Performa Entertainment Real Estate CEO John Elkington, ABC's "Good Morning America" will be filming on Beale Street on Sept. 15. The exact location has not been set yet, but there's a high probability that ABC's morning show with Diane Sawyer and Robin Roberts will be broadcast from the corner of Beale Street and Third with the FedExForum in the background from 6-9 a.m.

"To be on national television for three hours is a great thing for the city of Memphis," Elkington said. "It's going to be exciting."

Justin Timberlake is going to headline the event as a part of Good Morning America's summer concert series.

. . . .

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excerpt from the bizjournal, http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/stories...tml?from_rss=1:

'Good Morning America' coming to Memphis

Memphis Business Journal - September 8, 2006by Andy AshbyStaff writer

Print this Article Email this Article Reprints RSS Feeds Most Viewed Most Emailed

On Sept. 15 America will wake up on Beale Street.

According to Performa Entertainment Real Estate CEO John Elkington, ABC's "Good Morning America" will be filming on Beale Street on Sept. 15. The exact location has not been set yet, but there's a high probability that ABC's morning show with Diane Sawyer and Robin Roberts will be broadcast from the corner of Beale Street and Third with the FedExForum in the background from 6-9 a.m.

"To be on national television for three hours is a great thing for the city of Memphis," Elkington said. "It's going to be exciting."

Justin Timberlake is going to headline the event as a part of Good Morning America's summer concert series.

. . . .

The event was great. Justin is a true superstar. He did a great job promoting the city because usually the series is in New York.

Did anyone catch that they were booing King Willie when he came up?

Yeah on tv it made the crowd look immature or ignorant. There is a place and a time for everything. National tv is not one of them. Most people probably just booed because it was a cool thing to do. I don't like Bush Jr. but I would not stoop to booing him in public on national tv especially.

Yeah on tv it made the crowd look immature or ignorant. There is a place and a time for everything. National tv is not one of them. Most people probably just booed because it was a cool thing to do. I don't like Bush Jr. but I would not stoop to booing him in public on national tv especially.

Thank you!

I couldn't agree more!

Archived