COMPLETE: Masonic Temple Hotel

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this photo.

The building at the lower right is advertising "luxury" apartments. How luxurious, a wrecking ball in the backyard. :rofl:

Does anyone else look at these photos and find themselves a bit perplexed by their summer '06 target completion?

A couple of weeks ago I was walking around the area of the Temple. It was after 7pm, so there weren't any workers around. Someone saw me, and started coming up to me. I was thinking... oh here we go. :blink:

Anyway, the guy thought I was with the construction crew and he wanted to report that someone had left a door to the building wide open. hmmm.... looking at these pix, it seems kind of comical now! :P

• 1 month later...

Does anyone feel that the new Rt 195 will be finished by 2007? That's the year DOT says the road/bridge will be completed. The old highway won't be demolished untill 2012.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They're making pretty good progress on the new bridge supports. I really have no idea... At the pace they're going, 2007 might be doable... 2008 maybe more realistic?

Does anyone know why it'll take 4-5 years to take down the old highway?

- Garris

They're also busy on the steel arch framework of the bridge. I remember reading a while ago that it's being fabricated in Connecticut and then will be floated up Narragansett Bay on a barge to the site. Now that will be a "picture of the day" when it arrives!

They're making pretty good progress on the new bridge supports.  I really have no idea...  At the pace they're going, 2007 might be doable...  2008 maybe more realistic? 

Does anyone know why it'll take 4-5 years to take down the old highway?

- Garris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are only partially opening the new 195 in '07. It will be opened in one direction while the other direction continues to use the old roadway while connections are completed at either end. I think it will be fully opened in '09, and demolition will procede after that.

Here's a link to the construction company's web page for the Masonic Temple. Apparently they're working underground now, building three levels of the hotel. They're also constructing a ballroom below the VMA. I read in the Projo that the steel frame will start going up in November, once they bring in the crane.

Renaissance Providence

• 2 weeks later...

hehe watch them stop in the middle of construction like the masons did  :rofl:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's alternatively hilarious and heart-stoppingly frightening... Would it become known as the Renaissance Temple in that case?

- Garris

• 3 weeks later...

Archived