Six Flags?

mcheiss

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't buy it, because of how that company has alread expressed how they're interested in leaving Oklahoma. They moved the HQ and they're trying to sell off Frontier City and White Water Bay in OKC.

Besides, Six Flags already owns a park in Tulsa. Why would they try to flood a market they're already in?

I don't buy it, because of how that company has alread expressed how they're interested in leaving Oklahoma. They moved the HQ and they're trying to sell off Frontier City and White Water Bay in OKC.

Besides, Six Flags already owns a park in Tulsa. Why would they try to flood a market they're already in?

What park do are you talking about?

They've never owned any Tulsa parks.

And they never will. Sorry mcheiss, that rumor is hogwash. If Six Flags doesn't want to operate in a market the size of OKC with no competition, then they sure aren't interested in entering a smaller market where they would have to compete with an historic local park that is about to do a major expansion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its not the size of the city, its the location in a region, Tulsa would be great, but so would NWA, think of this: Springfield, Tulsa, NWA, Little Rock and ALL surrounding communities including Joplin, Fort Smith, Conway, Muskogee, Mountain Home, Russleville, and all the people in Branson EVERY day (100,000 tourists+). It would be perfect.

While I agree with you about the whole NWA theme park, Dogpatch died when Lil' Abner went to the cartoon graveyard. That place should've had a bit more generic a theme, not to mention it's remote location. It's not technically NWA but it's fairly close.

If there was a place for a theme park in Arkansas it would be Hot Springs. Magic Springs is a fairly dinky theme park but the location is good and it's a tourist destination for much of the region and probably is the top "weekend getaway" for DFW. Something like Silver Dollar City would've done well in Hot Springs if that theme had been carried on in the park as opposed to the current theme.

• 2 weeks later...
Really? I live in Dallas and never met anyone that went there. Hot Springs is pretty common as weekend getaway as is San Antonio/the Hill Country. Some people go to Texoma or have lakehouses up there but I never thought of Oklahoma as a big tourist destination for DFW.

What kind of stuff do they have in Broken Bow?

BTW, my wife is from Ada.

Archived