The Crossings At Decatur

AlabamaGuy2007

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I found something. This "proposed shopping center" is a bit smaller than Crossings (largest plan is 183,000 sq ft. as opposed to Crossings' 245,680 sq ft), but is/was proposed for the same location. The 125,000 sq ft anchor would make it just right for a Target.

http://www.gatewaycommercial.com/pdf/proposed.pdf

Wow, I like that layout. But the current layout allows for more space. But it'd be nice if it looked like that one. I can't wait until the things gets built. Too bad I'll be in college by the time it gets finished.

Just saw on 48 the groundbreaking.

Other tenants announced:

Ross Dress for Less (3rd in area)

PetSmart (3rd in area)

Rack Room Shoes (2nd in area)

Yes!!! Haha, finally, a PetsMart. I was watching WAFF all day, I wonder how I missed it. It's great how Decatur's suddenly starting to go forward with all this stuff. Beltline, Crossings, support for the Connector road, it's great!!!

From a Decatur Daily article.

target2.jpg

PetSmart will go in to the left of Target, Old Navy, Ross, Rack Room and rue21 on the right. Up to 36 stores and restaurants are planned. Panera Bread is rumored; it would be the second in the area (the first should open next summer at Bridge Street).

Grrrr. You beat me to posting the article. Oh well. I'm so glad this is actually happening. Too bad I'll be in Tuscaloosa by the time it's built.

Also, I'm sure that Atlanta Bread Company will come here. It'd be hard for them not to. Same with Starbucks.

Interesting. Is this Target going to a regular store or another Super Target? I heard that sales in Alabama wasn't doing too well for the 5 Super Targets, but I didn't know if that is so true. I would love to see more Super Targets considering the closing one to me right now is a regular one in the Oxford Exchange. However, it also seems at that a lot of shopping centers across the state is very similar to this set up.

Interesting. Is this Target going to a regular store or another Super Target? I heard that sales in Alabama wasn't doing too well for the 5 Super Targets, but I didn't know if that is so true. I would love to see more Super Targets considering the closing one to me right now is a regular one in the Oxford Exchange. However, it also seems at that a lot of shopping centers across the state is very similar to this set up.

Yea, I remember seeing that one on my way from and OA event at Camp Sequoyah. I'm not sure, but it's supposed to be a regular Target. But wait, every other regular Target stand back!! This is a, regular, Target, WITH groceries!!!!!!!!!! Wew hew!!!!.....no. Yea, it's supposed to be just a regular Target, though, the area deserves a SuperTarget.

Does Greater Birmingham only have 1 SuperTarget. Or do Mobile, or Montgomery, one of those not have one?

Yea, I remember seeing that one on my way from and OA event at Camp Sequoyah. I'm not sure, but it's supposed to be a regular Target. But wait, every other regular Target stand back!! This is a, regular, Target, WITH groceries!!!!!!!!!! Wew hew!!!!.....no. Yea, it's supposed to be just a regular Target, though, the area deserves a SuperTarget.

Does Greater Birmingham only have 1 SuperTarget. Or do Mobile, or Montgomery, one of those not have one?

There are currently 3 SuperTargets in the Birmingham/Tuscaloosa region: Inverness, Trussville, and Tuscaloosa. There has been plans for the Target (that will finally be built) in Hoover to be a Super Target, but with the recent figures I heard rumored it could have been downgraded to a regular Target with groceries.

• 1 month later...

The Tennessean reported today of a new SuperTarget shopping center in Spring Hill, TN. It is being built by the same developers (GBT) as the Decatur one. However, the Spring Hill Crossings is about twice the size of Decaur Crossings. But if anyone is hoping for a new Olive Garden in Decatur, here's some hope:

Brentwood-based developer GBT Realty also showed a Kohl’s store on its site plan. GBT typically lures stores such as Old Navy, Linen’s N Things and Books-A-Million, along with restaurants like Logan’s Roadhouse and The Olive Garden, to its developments in Tennessee.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived