A new panoramic of Nashville

Lexy

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe it's late and I've been partying too hard tonight haha, but I only count four...ICON, Viridian, Encore and Suntrust...point out the fifth please

nevermind, I found it...I guess partying too hard was the explanation.

looking at this picture, has anyone heard whether they will be keeping those ugly 5/3 bank signs up on the Financial center, or what they might decide to do?

maybe it's late and I've been partying too hard tonight ha ha, but I only count four...ICON, Viridian, Encore and Suntrust...point out the fifth please

never mind, I found it...I guess partying too hard was the explanation.

looking at this picture, has anyone heard whether they will be keeping those ugly 5/3 bank signs up on the Financial center, or what they might decide to do?

I read that the 5/3 bank sign has a 10 year deal with the building.

And maybe its just me but doesn't the Adelicia crane appear taller than the Encore and Icon cranes?

Adelicia's only 18 stories, Encore and Icon are 20 maybe 21 stories high. :huh:

Perhaps Adelicia sits on higher ground than the other two developments, and that's why it appears that way.

Did anybody else notice that?

I read that the 5/3 bank sign has a 10 year deal with the building.

And maybe its just me but doesn't the Adelicia crane appear taller than the Encore and Icon cranes?

Perhaps Adelicia sits on higher ground than the other two developments, and that's why it appears that way.

I wondered about that myself. I decided that they went ahead and erected the Adelicia crane to its full height (maybe for visibility and marketing?). The others will be raised as the building grows.

Inspired by the great photo above, I thought I would bring this up on this thread, rather than start a new one.

Most of us know how the Emporis web sight shows Nashville having 50% to a 100% more high rise buildings (10 floors or higher) than its 'sister cities' such as Charlotte, Memphis, Jacksonville and Louisville. I was curious as to why we would have so many more, so I broke down the list by building type and came up with this....

Office Buildings - 30

Apartments - 29

Vanderbilt - 23

Government - 15

Hotels - 13

Condos - 5

Hospitals - 4

It illustrates the impact on the skyline of having Vanderbilt and being the State Capitol. There are a lot of high rise apartment buildings, also, of which many are for retirees.

My list only includes buildings constructed or under construction.

Okay, a little off, but for some perspective. I was driving around in downtown Miami this morning and I didn't know anyone MADE that many cranes. There were more than I could count; I've never seen anything quite like that. That was just downtown, it was like that all over South Florida.

I am truly glad to be home.

I'll post a crane pic or two tomorrow just for illustration. Might post a few more in Coffee House just for fun.

I believe that is just an optical illusion. Since the Adelicia crane is much closer to the perspective point of the photograph than the other crans, it appears taller.

I believe that is just an optical illusion. Since the Adelicia crane is much closer to the perspective point of the photograph than the other cranes, it appears taller.

Adelicia's crane, I don't believe are in these pics. This is something you might notice when you drive through downtown.

I think everything will look OK in the end. :D I just wish the towers where taller.

Archived