Meg & Urbie | Becoming Rhode Islanders

Cotuit

Now that Meg & Urbie are actually here, first we should all welcome them, but second, what do they need to do now to immerse themselves in Rhode Islandism? What do they need to see, eat, smell, do..? What are the musts for Meg & Urbie, or anyone really to get into the Rhode Island/Providence way of life?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that Meg & Urbie are actually here, first we should all welcome them, but second, what do they need to do now to immerse themselves in Rhode Islandism? What do they need to see, eat, smell, do..? What are the musts for Meg & Urbie, or anyone really to get into the Rhode Island/Providence way of life?

Drink a lot of wine at Waterfire and then go post crazy on UP? :whistling:

Well, me and my friends just got back from Waterfire. We didnt' drink wine but we drank beer so that should count!.. wENT TO tazza for the frist time too, so that was pretty cool. They hit up haven bros. too for a sausage and peppers. All in all a good night was had by all. And that's my story.

Well, me and my friends just got back from Waterfire. We didnt' drink wine but we drank beer so that should count!.. wENT TO tazza for the frist time too, so that was pretty cool. They hit up haven bros. too for a sausage and peppers. All in all a good night was had by all. And that's my story.

Haven Bros has saugage & peppers? :shok:

things to do this week:

Sunday:

Democratic Unity (!!) Brunch at Mayor's house 11 am

Football and Baseball at the decatur (i think--they did get their sunday license and i think today is the first sunday they'll be open)

I think its trash night in your neighborhood. Don't forget that you can't put yogurt cups in your blue bin. Also, no pizza boxes in your green bin.

Monday:

12 noon--trees are being delivered to RWP--always a good time.

4 pm: kickball against a denver team--Fed Hill Little League Fields--end of broadway before overpass

Tuesday:

4:30 City Plan Commission meeting

Wednesday: bike ride after work on cranston bike path. Get ice cream as a reward

Thursday: Thirsty Third Thursday at Jakes 5:30 pm Environmental Happy Hour. Cliff Wood is our Featured Guest this month.

or:

Fox Point Community Garden Harvest Party: 5 pm til Dark

or

Bowl and Board opening party with drinks and snacks from Tazza 7:00pm

Friday: sleep in, do laundry

Saturday: breakfast at Nicks: 8 am

Sunday: Breakfast at the Classic 9 am (get the potato Pancakes)

The following week: Tree Planting Starts Friday Sept 29! Plus, a huge service day at Burnside Park (also the 29th) with City Year. Major tree plantings on the west side on Saturday the 30th.

Drink a lot of wine at Waterfire and then go post crazy on UP? :whistling:

I'm afraid we missed last night's WF (altho' we were there last weekend), but I have a good excuse: my mom's birthday (77), so we had a small family gathering at my aunt Catherine's place in Watertown, MA.

As for wine, we gave it up (long story) -- but Meg's got a nice big bottle of Autocrat in the fridge! Does that help get us ramped up on the RI thing? :silly:

Urb

Woops, was pretty lit when I wrote that last night..

Haven Bros has saugage & peppers? :shok:

Yeah they do. Not the best in the world but it hit the spot for sure. Even better was the meatball subs earlier in the night over at the "College Street Cafe".

xtrah sugah, xtrah light.

In our house, that would be called "And one for Papuli," in reference to my granddad (long deceased, but remembered both for his fanatical devotion to the Red Sox and for his prediliction for extra sugar).

But these days, we use Splenda. "With Splenda, I coulda been a Contenda!" :thumbsup:

Urb

In our house, that would be called "And one for Papuli," in reference to my granddad (long deceased, but remembered both for his fanatical devotion to the Red Sox and for his prediliction for extra sugar).

But these days, we use Splenda. "With Splenda, I coulda been a Contenda!" :thumbsup:

Urb

no wine and no sugar?

oy.

In cold drinks, splenda is IMO better because it actually dissolves instead of leaving a sugary goo substance at the bottom of the cup.

Now if DD would just start using coffee ice cubes I wouldn't have to drink my iced coffee in 6 minuts to keep it from tasting rinsed.

Now if DD would just start using coffee ice cubes I wouldn't have to drink my iced coffee in 6 minuts to keep it from tasting rinsed.

white electic uses simple syrup as their sugar for cold drinks. :thumbsup:

Or you could go to 7 Stars and get both simple syrup AND coffee cubes. That is the way I like it.

Meg and Urbie. Go to Olneyville's NY system map and order "4 gaggers all the way". You can each have 2! They are even better if you do it after 2:00 am but they are available any time. This place is prominently featured in Showtime's Brotherhood.

Or you could go to 7 Stars and get both simple syrup AND coffee cubes. That is the way I like it.

Meg and Urbie. Go to Olneyville's NY system map and order "4 gaggers all the way". You can each have 2! They are even better if you do it after 2:00 am but they are available any time. This place is prominently featured in Showtime's Brotherhood.

OK, you're confusing us -- ya mean Olney St. doesn't go to Olneyville? :shok:

As for no booze and no sugar-in-the-cawfee, well, as I say, the first one's a long story -- as for the second one, we just like to save up our sugar quota for donuts! :thumbsup:

Urb

I know right, there's something not right about those two. :unsure:

Nope, we ain't right, but that's part of our charm :w00t:

What's the fun thing on Thursday? I may need it. I am unpacking eleventy-two THOUSAND boxes....

Amazing how big the joint looked when it was empty.

Oh yay! Art!

As long as there are no Cowboys or Indian Maidens gazing Meaningfully o'er The Plain :blink:

And Cliff Wood is speaking for the Environmentals and shopping for Kitchen Goo. Oh my. My head shall explode.

Urbie, get your rollerskates...We got stuff to do!!!

Archived