Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cityboi

anyone notice these along the interstates in Greensboro?

10 posts in this topic

I was travelling down I-40 in west Greensboro and I noticed there is a digital billboard. Basically its a screen billboard that changes advertisements periodically. I wonder if these will eventually replace the paper billboards.

I was travelling down I-40 in west Greensboro and I noticed there is a digital billboard. Basically its a screen billboard that changes advertisements periodically. I wonder if these will eventually replace the paper billboards.

This must be the new "in" thing for billboard companies. I have seen them in Lenoir, Atlanta, and Columbia among other places. But they've just started popping up in the past 3 months.

This must be the new "in" thing for billboard companies. I have seen them in Lenoir, Atlanta, and Columbia among other places. But they've just started popping up in the past 3 months.

I think they are kinda cool. When I first saw it, I saw an ad that showed Greensboro's skyline. The first time Ive seen Greensboro's skyline clearly from the interstate. :lol:

I haven't seen them before. I do know what you're talking about. I've seen them all over the place in Myrtle Beach.

I saw one last night. They're certainly attention-getting.

We dont need anymore accidents along our dieways :rofl:

We dont need anymore accidents along our dieways :rofl:

I feel the same way about the ones in SC. Too much of them can be visual pollution.

I can see the city now adding an ordinance for those billboards lol

I've noticed these digital billboards automatically dim at night, to reduce glare. It's too bad drive-in theaters are out of style, imagine this kind of display for a movie screen!

I've noticed these digital billboards automatically dim at night, to reduce glare. It's too bad drive-in theaters are out of style, imagine this kind of display for a movie screen!

I think eventually drive ins will come back. nastalga always envokes the return of things and with that digital technology for such large screens, its only a matter of time.