Westin Huntsville

HSVTiger

Tower crane being readied to go up. Should see some height this week. After in place, the steel should

go up quickly. I would think the crane will be at least 200' for the 12 story hotel which has a gabled roof

in some sections. The total height of the building will be around 160'.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like all the tower cranes moved from downtown to CRP. There is just so much going on there. Too bad its all 3-4 story buildings. :(

160 ft? That would make it the 2nd tallest building in Huntsville. That's sad.

yes it is, it's time someone made a statement downtown with a signature tower.

20 -30 story range, condo, hotel, office, bank whatever. It can and should be done.

If not now, when?

Where is Westin going; I've noticed that there is some pretty tall cranes driving west on Old Madison Pike in CRP right behind Northrop's new office building that is under construction right now. Is this the location?

it will be close to the SAIC building adjacent to Research Park Blvd.The Bridge Street location. Those cranes you see now are for the new Hudson Alpha HQ building

Tower crane being readied to go up. Should see some height this week. After in place, the steel should

go up quickly. I would think the crane will be at least 200' for the 12 story hotel which has a gabled roof

in some sections. The total height of the building will be around 160'.

Crane is going up fast, very visible from I-565 and most anywhere in Research Park

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived