Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dimebag1980

Singer Willie Nelson busted in Lafayette!

11 posts in this topic

It appears that country singer Willie Nelson's tour bus was pulled over in Lafayette and drugs were found onboard. I'm completely shocked... surely such an upstanding person wouldn't be busted for drugs!! :lol:

But seriously, he was ticketed and sent on his way. Anyone else would have gone to jail.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NGNEWS/60918013

Ha, that's really no suprise. But, what's up with the mushrooms ?? I guess the herb isn't strong enough? :dontknow: Breaux Bridge seems like a hot-spot for these bust.

Mushrooms are a very strong drug giving an acid-like trip. While I've never experimented with any illegal drugs, I had many friends in high school who loved to go into cow pastures and pick the mushrooms to get high.

This happened in St. Martin Parish... That's the same parish that was notorious for drug traffic stops about 5 years ago (they made national news for the amount of their funding that was seized in drug stops). It's ironic they would only give him a slap on the wrist...

It's ironic they would only give him a slap on the wrist...

Not really. Willie Nelson is famous & you and I both know that anytime a celebrity commits an infraction they're gonna get off, guaranteed. If a regular person did that, they would get jail time.

I'm no lawyer, but I would've thought 1.5 lbs of any drug would be intent-to-distribute and grounds for a felony conviction.

EDIT: N/m. The article mentions that and slick Willie still got off!

I'm no lawyer, but I would've thought 1.5 lbs of any drug would be intent-to-distribute and grounds for a felony conviction.

EDIT: N/m. The article mentions that and slick Willie still got off!

:lol:

Goes to show you what fame and money can do for you.

Goes to show you what fame and money can do for you.

Ain't that the truth! ;)

But no matter what the consequence was, you've gotta sit back and laugh at this whole thing. :lol:

Ain't that the truth! ;)

But no matter what the consequence was, you've gotta sit back and laugh at this whole thing. :lol:

I'm right there with ya on this...

You're on a posting binge tonight... bored are we? :)

You're on a posting binge tonight... bored are we? :)

No no, I just finally found some time to get on and well...post! :D

No no, I just finally found some time to get on and well...post! :D

Well that's cool. You know if this board lost you permanently, it would be doomed. We all post when we can, but you seem to hold the place together well and it's good to see you around!