Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

uptownliving

ASCE report on NC Roads/Airports/Rail etc.

5 posts in this topic

American Society of Civil Engineers has released a report on North Carolina's infrastructure. Overall they gave NC a grade of C-

They broke the report down by Airports, Bridges, Dams, Drinking Water,Rail, Roads, Schools, Storm Water, and Wastewater.

ReportCard2006.jpg

I know on here we talk about the road conditions...and who has good roads and who gets jipped. Well according to their report the Western Piedmont (Triad and Charlotte) have the best overall roads and the Costal Areas have the worst. However when you look at just the Interstates, the Coastal area has the best and the Mountains have the worst.

Also intersting that Rail got the best grade out of all the infrastructure.

Full Report Here:

http://sections.asce.org/n_carolina/ReportCard.html

Everytime i drive along NC's highways, i am satisfied and pleased with our state highway system.

Everytime i drive along NC's highways, i am satisfied and pleased with our state highway system.

Every time I drive along NC's highways, I am demoralized by our land use planning.

American Society of Civil Engineers has released a report on North Carolina's infrastructure. Overall they gave NC a grade of C-

They broke the report down by Airports, Bridges, Dams, Drinking Water,Rail, Roads, Schools, Storm Water, and Wastewater.

ReportCard2006.jpg

I know on here we talk about the road conditions...and who has good roads and who gets jipped. Well according to their report the Western Piedmont (Triad and Charlotte) have the best overall roads and the Costal Areas have the worst. However when you look at just the Interstates, the Coastal area has the best and the Mountains have the worst.

Also intersting that Rail got the best grade out of all the infrastructure.

Full Report Here:

http://sections.asce.org/n_carolina/ReportCard.html

The "C+" on drinking water suprised me. It seem like there were several boil water advisories in various locations this summer. Cary and Pinehurst come to mind.

I'm pleased with the state highway roads (the two-lane one's), not sure about the urban interstates and roads.