Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

it's just dave

Miami-Craneville

6 posts in this topic

Spent the weekend in South Florida and drove to downtown Miami on Sunday morning. For any skyscraper fan, crane fan, city-in-the-works fan, this place is amazing. Here's a few shots. They can speak for themselves. CSI Miami photography is much better than mine. I was in the car snapping most of the time. The entire South Florida region is an amazing experience. I stayed in Pompano and explored Ft. Laud, Miami Beach, South Beach, Key Biscayne and most points in the vicinity. It was exhausting, and totally thrilling to see, but I was glad to be back home (and see the ICON crane).

Here's a sampling of a few of the many, many cranes in the air there:

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

...and my CSI obligatory shots:

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

I spent a few days in Miami a few years ago and that place is wild and crazy. It's Southern California without the mountains and desert. It is a southern city in geography only.

Everybody ought to go to Miami once in their life. It's like being on another planet

Thanks for the awesome pics Dave!

Miami is okay, if you don't have to drive there (IMO). The city has some of the worse traffic and drivers I have ever seen, esp. on Miami Beach. It was Spring Break though, so I'm sure it made it considerably worse. I also hit rush hour on the way out, so I enjoyed lots of fun driving to damper my visit.

The city though was an amazing place to visit and explore, I just wish I hadn't had to drive there. Took a lot of the fun out of it.

I understand that. That's what made Sunday morning (early) special. I had the place practically all to myself.