Buckhead People Mover

monsoon

Aparently there was a study submitted to the Federal Transit Administration in the mid 90s that concerned itself with building a People Mover in the Buckhead area. It was called the Buckhead People Mover and would have resembled the people movers in Detroit and Jacksonville. Does anyone have any details on this?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aparently there was a study submitted to the Federal Transit Administration in the mid 90s that concerned itself with building a People Mover in the Buckhead area. It was called the Buckhead People Mover and would have resembled the people movers in Detroit and Jacksonville. Does anyone have any details on this?

I think it emerged as The Buc, with the idea that it might someday evolve into some sort of train system. It's actually a pretty neat little circulator system, with nifty natural-gas powered buses.

It's free, too.

http://www.bucride.com/routes.html

bucbus.jpg

^ Free???!!!! I wonder how many people ride their buses per day........

Pillsbury, I heard the figures not long ago but forgot what they were. There was recently some discussion among the powers that be about whether to keep the Buc funded, and fortunately they decided to keep it going.

These circulator routes are mainly an amenity for office workers, hotel guests and shoppers. They are actually surprisingly busy.

Archived