RI General Election | Nov. 7, 2006

Cotuit

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as we get closer to tomorrow, i've been getting a barrage of calls that are pre-recorded by some politician or group with an agenda telling me how to vote.

i don't know what the laws are in RI, but receiving all the mailings and getting 2 of these auto-dialed calls per night has started to really annoy me and make me not want to vote for the candidates that they endorse. i saw this article on how to sue the auto-dialers for $500 per call in small claims court on slashdot. is there any truth to any of this?

to upset jen, i tried to take a picture of a sheldon whitehouse sign stuck in the grass strip between the sidewalk and the street at the intersection of huxley and eaton. unfortunately, i was in my car at a red light with my camera phone. pic did not come out well. i'll try to get it with my regular camera. worst part is, it's not even in front of someone's house... it's in front of the PC soccer field.

between that and the barrage of mailings i've been getting from him... i'm really not sure i want to vote for him.

to upset jen, i tried to take a picture of a sheldon whitehouse sign stuck in the grass strip between the sidewalk and the street at the intersection of huxley and eaton. unfortunately, i was in my car at a red light with my camera phone. pic did not come out well. i'll try to get it with my regular camera. worst part is, it's not even in front of someone's house... it's in front of the PC soccer field.

between that and the barrage of mailings i've been getting from him... i'm really not sure i want to vote for him.

After watching the last 2 debates, I can;t stand whitehouse anymore, his whole never answering questions, accusing chafee of voting for the war, and his overall appeal, he seems like he would just do a lot of illegal stuff. I hate chafee also, so I may just not vote for either of them.

Yes, but what about that very first vote he casts each session?

Normally, I am willing to consider the argument that it should be about the person as opposed to the party, but not this year. If Dems manage to pick up seats in states like Virginia, Missourri and Montana, but fail to take back the Senate by one seat because the second bluest state in the nation voted for a Republican...

What's not to buy? Statistically, it is nearly impossible for the Democrats to win a majority in the Senate without the RI seat. If the Republicans retain the majority, the status quo of zero checks and balances on the Bush administration will remain in place.

Archived