Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

memphica

Nike to locate larger facility here

6 posts in this topic

That center will be replaced by a new facility at an undetermined local site. The size hasn't been determined, but a center the combined size of the Winchester and Wilsonville facilities would be 1.7 million square feet, among the largest in Memphis.

Nearly all of the Winchester employees are expected to make the move, and the 232 full-time employees in Wilsonville will be offered relocation to the new facility or other options within Nike.

"A company of Nike's size has decided on the River City," said Willie Gregory, Nike's Memphis-based director of community and business relations. "This is great for Memphis."

"I think this cements their future here for many, many years to come," Herbison said.

Does he know more than what he's telling...? More good news to come?

"I think this cements their future here for many, many years to come," Herbison said.

I don't think we should get too carried away. Let's hope you're right, but not necessarily expect it.

90% of Nike's goods come thru the Port of Memphis so maybe another corporate relocation? :shades:

90% of Nike's goods come thru the Port of Memphis so maybe another corporate relocation? :shades:

While that would be awesome, they're pretty entrenched in Beaverton, aren't they?