Going to Nashville?

idlewild

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

26. Okay, that helps. Idle, we're just poking fun at ourselves about the sequin mines (think back about the old country stars and their rhinestones), Tony Alamo was a wacko evangelical nut (imo) who ran a religious cult out of Arkansas and sold sequinned jackets out of a downtown building for hundreds of dollars.

Seriously, the "buzz" is right. I would guess downtown, West End--meaning everything from the Gulch (Radius 10, Sambuca, City Hall (music venue), to Midtown (Virago, Bound'ry, etc), the Demonbruen/Roundabout area, as well as Hillsboro Village, 12South and downtown would be enough for you for nightlife. Just google some things and think about where you want to go.

Then, spend some time just getting lost and looking around. I think you'll find your visit pleasant. Most of the city sights will show up on any good web search. Follow your nose, sometimes that the best way to discover things.

Go to the Public Library. Enjoy a nice pastry at Provence, get a cup of coffee at Bogo Java. Eat Pizza from the downtown arcade (mmm mmm). While you're in the arcade get an old-fashioned shoe shine. Catch a concert at the Schermerhorn, go to a Vandy game, a Predators game or Titans game.

take a drive out Hwy 100 and go to the Loveless, hit Hwy 96 and look at the scenery near the Natchez Trace Pkwy (the bridge is stunning). Splurge and spend the night at the Hermitage Hotel, get a suit at Levy's and go people watch in the green hills area. I hear the Nicole Kidman shops at Wild Oats - LOL.

Almost anything you like to do can be found in any city.

Go to the Public Library. Enjoy a nice pastry at Provence, get a cup of coffee at Bogo Java. Eat Pizza from the downtown arcade (mmm mmm). While you're in the arcade get an old-fashioned shoe shine. Catch a concert at the Schermerhorn, go to a Vandy game, a Predators game or Titans game.

take a drive out Hwy 100 and go to the Loveless, hit Hwy 96 and look at the scenery near the Natchez Trace Pkwy (the bridge is stunning). Splurge and spend the night at the Hermitage Hotel, get a suit at Levy's and go people watch in the green hills area. I hear the Nicole Kidman shops at Wild Oats - LOL.

Almost anything you like to do can be found in any city.

hes 26... not 45 -_-

man tot,that was a shot!

I agre though, the library? Come on!

I would really have to say, though, that you can't come to Nashville and not want to see the country music 'crap.' I didn't grow up as a country music fan, but when you're in Nashville, you realize that 'Country Music' isn't just about what you hear on the radio. I had a great time at fan fair this past summer, and I'm not huge honky tonk (badonkadonk!)

And for someone who isn't a country music fan, the previously mentioned song has one of the BEST music video's!

• 1 month later...

just wanted to add this on here...recently when I came back for a weekend from school, I brought a few friends with me. They wanted to do all the tourist things because they had never been...

Anyways, we did a ghost tour of downtown...apparently they have these every night and they start in the lobby of the Sheraton. I'm not a believer of the "supernatural" photos that some people end up taking lol (one occured on our tour), but I did learn some interesting things about downtown and some landmarks while on the tour. You can find a brochure for this thing a lot of places, I know they have them at the CMHoF

• 1 month later...

Archived