Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

distortedlogic

By Day or By Night?

21 posts in this topic

I have though about starting this topic for sometime, and my apologies if there is a similar one already. I would like to hear thoughts and opinions on if you think Greenville is more beautiful during the day, or at night. I would also like to hear ideas about how or why it's beauty could best be improved.

I think I prefer Greenville at night. especially now with all the fountains, street lamps, and the Liberty bridge. Driving around and seeing all the lights and trees is just very pretty to me. And as is normally true, some darkness masks some of it's imperfections. Of course Skyline views are better during the daytime, and I know we are all hoping for and counting on some improvements there soon. :P

Wow, is this a tough one. Greenville is so beautiful both during the day and at night. There's something extra special about walking around downtown at night or right at sunset though. I'll have to swing my vote that direction.

If the City will turn all of the lights in the trees back on, and keep the lights in the sidewalks around Court Square on, and continue adding more lights to the urban fabric of downtown Greenville, I will definitely vote for Greenville by night. I have yet to find a time when Greenville looks anything but absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

I might have to go with night as well. I love the way the Libery and the Pointsett Plaza buildings are lit at night. Riverplace and Falls Park by night are awesome too. More to come...

Yesterday was my wife's birthday, so my mother-in-law was kind enough to come over and watch the kids so I could take my wife out for dinner. After dinner, we walked around RiverWalk at RiverPlace, Falls Park, and down South Main Street a short distance. Southern Exposure was in full swing across the river at the Dow Amphitheatre and Wyche Pavilion. The weather was holing out nicely for the event. Downtown was buzzing with people and music. We stood at the top of the new fountain at RiverPlace and listened for a few minutes before walking back to our car and going home.

This is just a long, drawn out, less-than-concise way of saying, "I LOVE GREENVILLE AT NIGHT!!!" :wub:

Thanks for that comment, RT. :D

After the past couple of nights, I can say without hesitation, "I LOVE GREENVILLE BY NIGHT!" :yahoo::wub: For some reason, everything is coming together once again to make it an easy choice, in my opinion. Southern Exposure may have something to do with that. Did anyone else from UP go to the concert last night? It was AWESOME! I was fortunate to have a spot with a few friends on the "floor" in front of the stage, thanks to Carl Sobocinski's free tickets. It was a disappointment that more people did not show up, but the crowd was great anyway. Better marketing before next year will help.

If the City continues to add to the lighting accents throughout downtown, Greenville will remain the most beautiful city in the state by night. I am eager to see how The Peacock Hotel & Spa will add to the skyline. It should be a glorious sight!

Did anyone else from UP go to the concert last night? It was AWESOME! ... It was a disappointment that more people did not show up, but the crowd was great anyway.

Sorry...I'm afraid I was one of the 14,000 or so that saw a record-breaking performance by Furman Fullback, Jerome Felton, as he scored six rushing touchdowns to help Furman beat Western Carolina last night. :P

Sorry...I'm afraid I was one of the 14,000 or so that saw a record-breaking performance by Furman Fullback, Jerome Felton, as he scored six rushing touchdowns to help Furman beat Western Carolina last night. :P

That was an awesome performance by one of the most powerful backs in the nation. I love this photo in today's Greenville News. :D

Yep, I was in Clemson with 81,000 other folks watching James Davis rush for four touchdown's and the team rush for a total of seven over the hated UNC Tarheels.

Yep, I was in Clemson with 81,000 other folks watching James Davis rush for four touchdown's and the team rush for a total of seven over the hated UNC Tarheels.

According to The Greenville News, you were one of 83,000 people who paid to see the game at Death Valley. That is quite a number! :shades:

According to The Greenville News, you were one of 83,000 people who paid to see the game at Death Valley. That is quite a number! :shades:

I gaurantee you it wasn't a complete full house, I had two unused tickets in my pocket....

Was the Clemson-UNC game at the same time as the concert, too? I thought it was earlier in the day for some reason. :unsure:

Was the Clemson-UNC game at the same time as the concert, too? I thought it was earlier in the day for some reason. :unsure:

Clemson game was at noon. Furman game at 7pm. I managed to go to both. Hometown teams won by a combined score of 94-14!

Clemson game was at noon. Furman game at 7pm. I managed to go to both. Hometown teams won by a combined score of 94-14!

Not to be outdone...my Gamecocks ran up a 45-6 tally against FAU, including a school and SEC record FIVE TD receptions by future first-round draft pick Sidney Rice.

So that would make the combined scores 139-20. Ouch!

I personally do not consider the Gamecocks to be one of our hometown teams in Greenville. Why? Because they are 100 miles southeast of here. I know there are quite a few fans up here though. I support them as a homestate team, but my hometown teams take precedence everyday. I even support Wofford (Spartanburg) over the Gamecocks, because they are located in an Upstate city. A win by the Gamecocks over #2 Auburn on Thursday night would really help this state's image in college athletics. I don't think either win by our schools over FAU impressed the rest of the nation a whole lot.

Perhaps these college football posts could be moved to the related thread in the Greenville Coffee House forum?

I'm totally torn after the past few days! With the incredibly beautiful weather we have this time of year, and the thousands of people out enjoying all the great attractions and parks in town, I have to say, "I LOVE GREENVILLE BY DAY!!!!" :yahoo:

I just noticed walking last night, that many of our additional towers have added the white lights around the top for the holidays. Seems like many more this year, and they all seem more uniform and consistent. I think all buildings have switched to white except SunTrust which is color.

Here are ones I noticed:

Landmark

Liberty Square (Both towers)

BB & T

Bank of America

Elliot Davis

RBC Centura

Greenville is beautiful at night year round.....even more beautiful during the holidays. :wub:

I just noticed walking last night, that many of our additional towers have added the white lights around the top for the holidays. Seems like many more this year, and they all seem more uniform and consistent. I think all buildings have switched to white except SunTrust which is color.

Here are ones I noticed:

Landmark

Liberty Square (Both towers)

BB & T

Bank of America

Elliot Davis

RBC Centura

Greenville is beautiful at night year round.....even more beautiful during the holidays. :wub:

I am glad that some of the buildings have switched from colored lights to white lights. I think white looks a lot more polished. :thumbsup: