where should i live?

bleedgreen

i'm planning to move to downtown lansing sometime next summer. i know practically nothing about the housing options downtown and i was hoping you guys could help...

i can afford to spend around $600-$700 a month on rent, i'm 24 so i'd like to be around people close to my age, i want to live a short walk away from the bars, and i'd like to live someplace new/nice condition...am i being too picky or does something exist that fits this criteria? any recommendations? if you know of any websites that'd be a big help

also...i've heard about the stadium district and abrams landing...have those broken ground yet? anybody know when they'll be completed?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm...right now options are somewhat limited in terms of downtown housing options. The arbough might be an option, though I'm not sure what their prices are. The majority of loft living right now consist of single or a few loft units above the retail downtown.

If I was looking to live downtown in the near future, I think I would wait it out a couple of years until a few of the new developments come to their completion.

Just my twocents.gif

The Arbaugh would be in your price range, except it was fully occupied last I heard. Neither abrams Landing or Stadium district will be done for at least another year, neither has either begun construction. My suggestion is to walk down Washington Sq and look for signs advertising lofts in the windows, call those numbers and if you can't find anything to your liking move somehwere else temorarily and in one to two years downtown housing options will expand massively.

i've got a house in EL right now so i can take my time if i need to...i was planning on putting it up for sale in the spring but there's not a big rush or anything. i'm in the hawk nest neighborhood (AKA pleasantville) and with all of the development/sprawl going on out here i'm worried that the market is getting flooded.

i've heard good things about the arbaugh so i'll probably check it out and walk around washington square and call some numbers like hood suggested too...as far as prudden place and motor wheel lofts go i think i'd rather be closer to downtown. is the stadium district and abrams landing still a go?

if anyone is looking for updates or anything on the beaumont, gaslight village or any other projects on the northern tier give me a shout...i drive right by them all every day

bleedgreen: do you think you can post pictures of the developments here?

no problem. i'll look for my digital camera today and see what i can get up here.

quick update:

beaumont is making some good progress...they've got a building with townhouses completed, about 6 houses finished, an apartment building finished and they're almost done putting up the trusses on another apartment building.

gaslight village condos - the physical structure is completed and they've finished putting up the roofing/shingles...working on the siding and it looks like the sewage or something should be going in soon

Archived