Charlotte's "NC" attachment

Neo

• 2 months later...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here in Washington state last night I went over to my gf's little sister's friend's family's house (sorry if that got complicated :)). One of the kids in the family (who is pretty smart and talented btw) asked me where I was from. I said "Charlotte." He asked "Where's that?", I replied "North Carolina." He's only 10 or 11, but is a pretty intelligent kid, but I suppose we still need to use the NC attachment for little kids in WA. O well. Just thought I'd share.

Here in Washington state last night I went over to my gf's little sister's friend's family's house (sorry if that got complicated :)). One of the kids in the family (who is pretty smart and talented btw) asked me where I was from. I said "Charlotte." He asked "Where's that?", I replied "North Carolina." He's only 10 or 11, but is a pretty intelligent kid, but I suppose we still need to use the NC attachment for little kids in WA. O well. Just thought I'd share.

True story... I was at the CLT airport a few weeks ago, waiting for my flight to Boston. A group of families, who appeared to be from there (based on their lack of "r's" used in their sentences) were waiting as well. One of their daughters came up to the group, who was probably no more than 11 or 12, and said "Mom I just told so and so (forgot the name) that we are in Charlotte, USA. Are we in the same country as Boston?" I couldn't decide if they were just that ignorant or just plain stupid.

Archived