Charlotte's "NC" attachment

Neo

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NBC The Today Show did a story on ScentAir which they described as a "Charlotte based company", without mentioning NC. Apparently this is a company that makes smells for businesses. They showed how they were putting a Chocolate Chip smell in Hendrick Lexus, to make people feel warm and confortable about plunking down the big bucks for a new vehicle.

This morning on the radio, they mentioned Charlotte of where someone came from but of course, added the NC just incase they didnt know which Carolina it was from or worse yet, if someone never even heard of Charlotte :sick:

However, this is good news! :alc: to the National Broadcasting Corportation!

I cant understand it either Charlotte is the 20th largest city in the country

1. New York City

2. Los Angeles

3. Chicago

4. Houston

5. Philadelphia

6. Phoenix

7. San Antonio

8. San Diego

9. Dallas

10. San Jose

11. Detroit

12. Indianapolis

13. Jacksonville

14. San Francisco

15. Columbus

16. Austin

17. Memphis

18. Baltimore

19. Fort Worth

20. Charlotte

But dont feel too bad. when ever there is a national story related to Greensboro, they dont say Greensboro at all. They say in North Carolina. Greensboro is ommited.

Heck, Jacksonville is larger - but still needs the "FL" to differentiate from Jacksonville NC, or Jackson MS.

Another great example (not on your list) is Vancouver, WA. It have to differentiate from Vancouver, BC *forever*.

As well as Las Vegas, NM... for obvious enough reasons...! :rolleyes:

1. New York City

20. Charlotte

But dont feel too bad. when ever there is a national story related to Greensboro, they dont say Greensboro at all. They say in North Carolina. Greensboro is ommited.

Heck, Jacksonville is larger - but still needs the "FL" to differentiate from Jacksonville NC, or Jackson MS.

Another great example (not on your list) is Vancouver, WA. It have to differentiate from Vancouver, BC *forever*.

As well as Las Vegas, NM... for obvious enough reasons...! :rolleyes:

1. New York City

2. Los Angeles

3. Chicago

4. Houston

5. Philadelphia

6. Phoenix

7. San Antonio

8. San Diego

9. Dallas

10. San Jose

11. Detroit

12. Indianapolis

13. Jacksonville

14. San Francisco

15. Columbus

16. Austin

17. Memphis

18. Baltimore

19. Fort Worth

20. Charlotte

It may just be because I'm from there, but I haven't ever heard Jacksonville referred to as Jacksonville, FL outside of the this state. Even during around superbowl weekend. I doubt anybody outside of the Carolinas has heard of Jacksonville, NC, no offense. I can understand why anybody from around this area would refer to it as FL.

In this weekend's edition of USA Today there is an article on the population growth in the US. They use Charlotte as the main example and not once do they refer to us as "Charlotte, NC"! Even the dateline just says "Charlotte". The mention us in sentences with Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, etc. They speak as though anyone would know Charlotte as well as any of those others. It's coming...slowly but surely!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-1...0-million_x.htm

Not to contradict you, but they sort of do say NC before they even say Charlotte, thus implying Charlotte is in NC.

Born and raised here, he lives on the far edge of North Carolina's most populous metropolitan area and works 30 miles north in downtown Charlotte.

Archived