Lane Bryant Comes Back to Texarkana

bigboyz05

News

Lane Bryant opens in Texarkana Pavilion

Thursday, September 21, 2006 8:36 AM CDT

Staff photo by Evan Lewis Rachelle Parker, far right, and another manager of Lane Bryant fold and straighten clothes while helping customers at the grand opening. The store, based in Columbus, Ohio, caters to plus-sized women.

Plus-sized clothing store returns after nearly 10 years

By AARON BRAND

Texarkana Gazette

The Texarkana Pavilion is filling up as the fall and winter holiday shopping season draws closer with the Wednesday grand opening of a 6,000-square-foot Lane Bryant store.

The store opening marks a reappearance for Lane Bryant, said district manager Judy Shields. She said it

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest I thought they'd already opened. I knew Texarkana was lacking one but never knew they had one before. It's good to see that chain returning, and lots of ladies in Texarkana will be happy with that. I believe right now the only options in Texarkana are Catherine's or a trip to a Lane Bryant down here in SBC.

To be honest I thought they'd already opened. I knew Texarkana was lacking one but never knew they had one before. It's good to see that chain returning, and lots of ladies in Texarkana will be happy with that. I believe right now the only options in Texarkana are Catherine's or a trip to a Lane Bryant down here in SBC.

Yeah. I'm just glad more and more shopping options are coming to the area. Did you know that Texarkana is considered one of the most underserved metro areas in Texas or Arkansas as far as retail is concerned?

I wouldn't doubt it either. This entire region has been ignored for a long time and we're all finally coming out of the slump. Shreveport WAS the most underserved city in Louisiana, but that's not the case anymore.

Yes, Texarkana has a mall... Centrall Mall. It's really old and was very drab for a long time, but about 1-2 years ago it underwent an extensive remodel and actually got a "food court."

I wouldn't doubt it either. This entire region has been ignored for a long time and we're all finally coming out of the slump. Shreveport WAS the most underserved city in Louisiana, but that's not the case anymore.

Yes, Texarkana has a mall... Centrall Mall. It's really old and was very drab for a long time, but about 1-2 years ago it underwent an extensive remodel and actually got a "food court."

I think Texarkana should have a second mall built. What do you think?

I disagree. The reason I say this is, Central Mall has been updated and is WAY nicer than it's been in decades. However I really don't think the market there demands a second mall. That said, I do believe a lifestyle center of some kind would make a nice addition, and would be basically like an outdoor mall... but not a mall. Besides, malls are out and lifestyle centers are in. It's been said that the new mall that recently opened in Jonesboro was the ONLY new enclosed mall built in the USA this year. That's amazing considering all the cities in this nation whose retail sectors are doing well. But malls are just out. Build a lifestyle center and maybe even consider scrapping Central Mall altogether, or keep Central Mall, attract new anchors, and build a lifestyle center a few miles away.

I heard a rumor today... and it's only a rumor... that Texarkana could get a new mall. Whether it would be another enclosed mall like Central or a lifestyle center, who knows... but I have engineering sources in Texarkana who say there's a buzz in the construction & real estate industries about the possibility.

I know this sounds odd since we just had this discussion, but I heard that this morning and can't vouch for it... I can only vouch for the fact that my source says he's "heard" it.

Who knows...

I heard a rumor today... and it's only a rumor... that Texarkana could get a new mall. Whether it would be another enclosed mall like Central or a lifestyle center, who knows... but I have engineering sources in Texarkana who say there's a buzz in the construction & real estate industries about the possibility.

I know this sounds odd since we just had this discussion, but I heard that this morning and can't vouch for it... I can only vouch for the fact that my source says he's "heard" it.

Who knows...

Wow! That's something. Hey, go read my thread I made about Cooper Tire. I got some more news concerning them.

If it did Central Mall would go the way of Indian Mall in Jonesboro. Besides, nobody builds "malls" anymore, anyway.

Wow! I didn't know malls were considered out of date. I wish we had a big outlet center like Tanger in Terrell, Tx.

Tanger's kind of dinky. Allen Premium Outlets and Grapevine Mills make it look like a 7-11 by comparison.

There's more than a little difference between Terrell and Hilton Head.

:lol: true.

I usually get off I-20 and onto Hwy 80 around Terrell and have seen the Tanger center, but never looked too closely as I try to keep my eyes on the road. I assume it looks like most Tanger centers which aren't very impressive or visually appealing to me.

If I were going to build an outlet center, I'd build something like Louisiana Boardwalk. But if I had to do an indoors outlet center, I'd build something like the Mills properties.

I recently read something in the Texarkana Gazette that was basically saying the writer wished someone would step up and build a quality outlet center of some sort in Texarkana. When I think quality, I don't think Tanger or VF outlets.

:lol: true.

I usually get off I-20 and onto Hwy 80 around Terrell and have seen the Tanger center, but never looked too closely as I try to keep my eyes on the road. I assume it looks like most Tanger centers which aren't very impressive or visually appealing to me.

If I were going to build an outlet center, I'd build something like Louisiana Boardwalk. But if I had to do an indoors outlet center, I'd build something like the Mills properties.

I recently read something in the Texarkana Gazette that was basically saying the writer wished someone would step up and build a quality outlet center of some sort in Texarkana. When I think quality, I don't think Tanger or VF outlets.

Allen Premium Outlets, just north of Plano, is a pretty large outdoor outlet mall and has an outstanding number of stores. It's actually preferrable to Grapevine Mills in many ways and has stores GM doesn't, such as Kenneth Cole. The Food Court's a little tame, though.

Allen Premium Outlets

Allen Premium Outlets, just north of Plano, is a pretty large outdoor outlet mall and has an outstanding number of stores. It's actually preferrable to Grapevine Mills in many ways and has stores GM doesn't, such as Kenneth Cole. The Food Court's a little tame, though.

Allen Premium Outlets

Wow! One of these days I'm gonna have to visit Allen Premium Outlets.

Allen Premium Outlets

I've never seen that particular center. I'll have to check it out next time I'm up in the north Dallas area.

Archived