What Stores/Restaurants does LR still need?

Cru Jones

I'd love to see a Cinnabon somewhere in Little Rock. I love their cinnamon rolls. There's one in the LR Airport, but it's behind the security checkpoint.

It seems like there ought to be one somewhere around town. I always make a point to get a Cinnabon when I travel anywhere that has one.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love to see a Cinnabon somewhere in Little Rock. I love their cinnamon rolls. There's one in the LR Airport, but it's behind the security checkpoint.

It seems like there ought to be one somewhere around town. I always make a point to get a Cinnabon when I travel anywhere that has one.

I had a chance to tour the new Pinnacle Promenade in Rogers today. I thought it was nice but not overly impressive. It is basically Park Plaza and some of Midtowne's tenants outdoors. The only store they had that I wished LR had was Borders. The food options were minimal for a center that large. I only saw a Mimi's Cafe, PF Changs, and Fish City Grill. However there is a lot of land surrounding the center that is yet to be developed which could bring more tenants. My business partner and I were not satisfied with the food options so we went to another area of Rogers to grab lunch. I have been reading on this thread about how NW Ark. would be in the running for more restaurants than LR because of more daytime traffic, but the large chain restaurant that we chose was only about half full at the noon hour. There were many empty tables surrounding us. THe busiest restaurant I saw while I was up there was the new Taco Bell that opened near the Promenade. The outdoor setup is nice but I wonder how sales for the stores are if it rains and when it gets colder. I wish LR had an area of land that large to develop a really nice shopping center. Our best bet is the University mall site. We will have to wait and see if it all pans out the way we would like...

I had a chance to tour the new Pinnacle Promenade in Rogers today. I thought it was nice but not overly impressive. It is basically Park Plaza and some of Midtowne's tenants outdoors. The only store they had that I wished LR had was Borders. The food options were minimal for a center that large. I only saw a Mimi's Cafe, PF Changs, and Fish City Grill. However there is a lot of land surrounding the center that is yet to be developed which could bring more tenants. My business partner and I were not satisfied with the food options so we went to another area of Rogers to grab lunch. I have been reading on this thread about how NW Ark. would be in the running for more restaurants than LR because of more daytime traffic, but the large chain restaurant that we chose was only about half full at the noon hour. There were many empty tables surrounding us. THe busiest restaurant I saw while I was up there was the new Taco Bell that opened near the Promenade. The outdoor setup is nice but I wonder how sales for the stores are if it rains and when it gets colder. I wish LR had an area of land that large to develop a really nice shopping center. Our best bet is the University mall site. We will have to wait and see if it all pans out the way we would like...

We're not big enough, but I am adding Puma store to the list

I really would love it if we would develop downtown - clean it up beyond the Rivermarket with additional Restaurants, shops and/or condos. It's slowly happening, but it would be nice to see more revitalizing downtown rather than or in addition to the push west.

I have always wondered what the development plans were for the corner of Bowman and Kanis. That space is an ideal corner location and the land is flat and mostly cleared. THere is even room going back on Kanis for more development. Has anybody heard plans for that area?

I have always wondered what the development plans were for the corner of Bowman and Kanis. That space is an ideal corner location and the land is flat and mostly cleared. THere is even room going back on Kanis for more development. Has anybody heard plans for that area?

We're not big enough, but I am adding Puma store to the list

I really would love it if we would develop downtown - clean it up beyond the Rivermarket with additional Restaurants, shops and/or condos. It's slowly happening, but it would be nice to see more revitalizing downtown rather than or in addition to the push west.

• 2 months later...

Archived