Palmetto Bank Moving Headquarters to Downtown Greenville!

goodbye

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have recently noticed that the Right-of-Way in front of the new Fed Courthouse site (E. North & Church) has gotten some new plantings/landscaping. The city has really done a lot of that kind of thing all over town and it really does help appearances. The new McAllister landscaping is neat too. The parking lots are going to be concealed to a pretty significant degree when the new trees get established.

It would be gutsy for them to place ground-floor retail in the building at the moment. Ideally though, one day North Street will be built out to this point and be pedestrian friendly. It's a great location with respect to Main Street, the Bilo Center, and the Courthouses. This poses a delima. Do you plan for a big "Maybe" in the future, or in several years do you regret that you didn't...?

I would like to see the County Courthouse across the street to move to a new tower somewhere downtown. Tear down and develop the new portion of the court house, and renovate the old portion of the courthouse into a retail center with 3 floors of retail accessable from the inside. Something like the West End Market.

That isn't a great location for street level retail: busy four lane road on one side and busy one way street on another. It's about three blocks from main street, so little chance of walk up traffic. I would imagine that Palmetto Bank would prefer their office to just remain wholly their's for the time being.

What's going on with the Palmetto Bank? There is the building right behind their building that has been recently fixed up and has a new awning with their logo on it. It seems like they might be moving there while their building is torn down and the new building goes up? Does anyone know if that's the case, or if i just never noticed this building before?

• 2 weeks later...

You guys should check out the photo Spartan posted in the Spartanburg forum of the new Carolina First building in DT Spartanburg. Looks great and makes impact. :thumbsup: From what I've seen of the renderings of this new Palmetto Bank building, it will be similar in style / height, so I would think it will have a very good, solid presence on this corner.

You guys should check out the photo Spartan posted in the Spartanburg forum of the new Carolina First building in DT Spartanburg. Looks great and makes impact. :thumbsup: From what I've seen of the renderings of this new Palmetto Bank building, it will be similar in style / height, so I would think it will have a very good, solid presence on this corner.

• 4 weeks later...

^^^The building next to the Palmetto Bank's current location that the bank will move to temporarily while construction takes place is almost completely finished and upfitted, so I would say you should start to see demolition of the old building begin in a few months.

Archived