I-485 Construction Photos

monsoon

Construction Photos of Charlotte's oUTER beltZ Highway.

Photo showing 25 years of progress

4hk28ua.jpg

Inspectors at work.

4ifgr60.jpg

Supplies and people headed to the work

2h3de7c.jpg

This caused 3 month delay.

47cdoox.jpg

More delays, note everyone leaves while accident is investigated.

49ai0w7.jpg

Boss man looking for missing workers

2lt223p.jpg

Apparently subcontractors were not paid. This photo shows them headed back to work site again.

2ltgda0.jpg

This marker reminds the workers the number of years left to finish I-485. Important to stick to the NCDOT schedule.

40k68ef.jpg

On this day, these guys were scheduled to paint the lane markers. Unfortunately the line painting division doesn't coordinate with the road paving division. They are hoping to fix this in the future.

4700nic.jpg

More materials going to the road paving. Problem is, they can't find where it is.

2lldoud.jpg

Opps. NCDOT Supervisor comes down to Charlotte from the headquarters in Albemaro and tells the crew they have built the road 2 miles too far south. This results in a 5 year schedule slip and a couple of hundred mill. down the drain. Oh well they will take it away from I-77.

4d7iid2.jpg

Finally! A New Section of I-485 is opened. :yahoo: Despite complaints, the NCDOT says its the best road money can buy.

2hoaayo.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived