Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nadcock

Peak Fitness sign

16 posts in this topic

Has anyone else seen the new monstrosity "Peak Fitness" sign and wanted to throw rocks at it. The CapFit sign was so much more appealing to the eye. I can't believe the city allowed them to put up this peice of crap!

That is my gym, but I haven't been in a month or so, right after the inital "peak is taking over" announcement. I didn't notice it from Glenwood South last night, but there is no good line of sight....

I haven't seen the sign, but maybe it doesn't meet sign ordinance guidelines? (fingers crossed)

The sign is a bit ugly..mostly because the logo is ugly, but they are doing good things for the gym. Peak Fitness has installed new hardwood floors in the locker rooms instead of the carpeting that was there, and they are getting about 5 new pieces of gym equipment each week. They are also going to install plasma screens where the regular tvs are now in front of the cardio equipment.

^ I wonder if all those improvements will jack their prices up even more over time....

I wanted to join Cap Fit long time ago but those prices just frightened me away!! :shok:

Too bad, cuz I loved the place and definitely the location! :thumbsup:

Now I have to drive all the way down to Planet Fitness on Western...(10 bucks a month, can't beat it though). God I feel old surrounded by all those college kids. :wacko:

LOL. :P

Has anyone else seen the new monstrosity "Peak Fitness" sign and wanted to throw rocks at it. The CapFit sign was so much more appealing to the eye. I can't believe the city allowed them to put up this peice of crap!

Agreed, it's hella ugly.

Very, very ugly sign. Completely out of character witht that building.

To their credit, they are making improvements to the gym, as mentioned above.

Also, to the person above commenting on the monthly rates at this gym... the prices came down significantly when they were bought out by Spa Health Clubs. I'm only paying $14/month now, down from $40/month when CapFit first opened.

Also, to the person above commenting on the monthly rates at this gym... the prices came down significantly when they were bought out by Spa Health Clubs. I'm only paying $14/month now, down from $40/month when CapFit first opened.

Really?!?! Is there a down-payment on top of that??

Oh what a great day it would be to have a gym inside-the-beltline that I could afford! :thumbsup:

Yep, for sure. Been a member for over 2 years and I joined at $49/mo!!! I renewed for a more patable ~$20/mo PIF. And yes, they were installing the first (of many?) plasma TVs on friday afternoon.

Really?!?! Is there a down-payment on top of that??

Oh what a great day it would be to have a gym inside-the-beltline that I could afford! :thumbsup:

There wasn't a down payment at the time I renewed for that price... but you did have to pay 2 years in full.

but you did have to pay 2 years in full.

Ah...the catch. I knew it. LOL :unsure:

I heard on the radio this morning that Peak is running a $14/month opening/reopening/whatever special. I don't know how long it will last though.... My neighbor said Peak is going to start charging at near original CapFit prices for renewals, but I don't know what that included.

I've been a member since before they opened, but haven't been going regularly for the last year or so, right after the two year paid in full for less than $20/month.

The $14 deal is only available on Mon., and Tues. and if I remember correctly you have to pay a $99 down payment

Very, very ugly sign. Completely out of character witht that building.

damn, I still pay $40/month. how'd you get such a good deal?

damn, I still pay $40/month. how'd you get such a good deal?

The 2nd time I renewed my membership, they were having some kind of promotion. My wife is a member too, so I think that also brought the cost down.

^The fitness industry is notorious for sketchy business practices...they'll charge you the very highest they think they can get away with, but push it just low enough to "hook you in". You can get a dozen members of the same gym in a room and ask each how much they pay and you'll get completely different answers from them all.

Buyer beware! :P

Jeeze, I finally went by there yesterday - that sign is HIDEOUS - they have to be breaking some kind of ordinance, at least I hope, haha