Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sanka

Which suburban "urban" core has to most potential?

6 posts in this topic

I would agree that the Perimeter Center area has the most potential. As stated above, it is home to three (four if you count the Medical Center Station) MARTA stations, has great interstate access and is currently in a residential boom. There is also a great deal of publics works improvements going on in the area to alleviate the traffic tie ups in that locale. As far as walkability, while every area will take alot of retrofitting, I feel that the Perimeter Center area still holds the best promise.

Even though I'm not thoroughly familiar with all of Atlanta's suburban cores, Perimeter was the first to come to mind here. The connectivity/infrastructure is definitely already in place.

Yeah, and it seems to be gaining more and more steam (I work out there). The east side of Ashford-Dunwoody is seeing lot's of older office buildings being replaced with new, dense residential - both condos and apartments. The trend seems to be feeding on itself, and I like it.

I think it will be Sandy Springs because they already have the King and Queen towers, plus MARTA.