Champ Boat Racing

beerbeer

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm...Bass fishing, and now this? Jeez, now what else will be happening on the Connecticut River? I think Hartford -- and East Hartford -- should do some promotions on the river -- it is beautiful (i saw it on the news a few days ago, when Fox News was covering something and Carl Cameron was at 'Great River Park' with the skyline of Hartford in back of him.

Do i miss Connecticut? In a way, I miss the autumn, and the schools are better in Connecticut, but not the taxes! I just wish the state would make it friendly to business. If they did I'd be back!

JimS

Hmmm...Bass fishing, and now this? Jeez, now what else will be happening on the Connecticut River? I think Hartford -- and East Hartford -- should do some promotions on the river -- it is beautiful (i saw it on the news a few days ago, when Fox News was covering something and Carl Cameron was at 'Great River Park' with the skyline of Hartford in back of him.

Do i miss Connecticut? In a way, I miss the autumn, and the schools are better in Connecticut, but not the taxes! I just wish the state would make it friendly to business. If they did I'd be back!

JimS

CT will never be as cheap as the southern states when it comes to doing business, but that doesn't mean we can't lower taxes still. I guese people up here are just more demanding of gov't services.

CT will never be as cheap as the southern states when it comes to doing business, but that doesn't mean we can't lower taxes still. I guese people up here are just more demanding of gov't services.

drc:

More demanding up there? I doubt it -- southerners just want their gov't services to be profitable. Here in Florida, you'll see lots of kids who are HOMESCHOOLED, they don't like the education system here. Connecticut has a better school system then Florida. (Hillsborough is the 9th biggest school system in the nation -- BIGGER IS NOT BETTER.) I'd love to show the education people here -- Parrish Hill High School!

Jim S

Archived