Tallahassee Bands

BHCav

I was thinking of the many nation-wide bands that have originated in this area and this is what I came up with. Who am I missing?

Dead Prez

Creed

SocialBurn

Presence

The Cruxshadows

The Mountain Goats

Jim Morrison (before he made it, but still)

The Afrosheens

Lobo

Sector 4

Hated Youth

Julian Cannonball Adderley

George Clinton

Adrienne Young

Forever changed

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking of the many nation-wide bands that have originated in this area and this is what I came up with. Who am I missing?

Dead Prez

Creed

SocialBurn

Presence

The Cruxshadows

The Mountain Goats

Jim Morrison (before he made it, but still)

The Afrosheens

Lobo

Sector 4

Hated Youth

Julian Cannonball Adderley

George Clinton

Adrienne Young

Forever changed

Rita Coolege (married to and sings with Kris Kristofferson) went to FSU

If we can include pfunk who lives -near- Tallahassee, then Quincy boy Billy Dean, who all my girlfriends agree is soooo pretty, ought to make the list.

I'm not sure what their connection is, but several Aerosmith songs have references to Tallahassee in them.

Composer Consuela Lee (Spike Lee's aunt or cousin if I don't disremember) was born here.

Paul Rubens - ok - he's more known for other things but he did "sing" on Pee Wee's Playhouse, went to theater school here.

Bill Wharton, who is better known in Europe then the states falls, with pfunk and Billy into the adjoining counties division.

Former Casual T, Pat Pucket has a nationwide following and plays all sorts of interesting places.

Del Suggs is a regional favorite playing the "saltwater circuit" and college gigs around the country.

Local fiddler Bill Webb has performed througout the galaxy as have many in that old timey music whiskey and fish worshiping cult.

Old Nashville guy, Tom T Hall retired to and lives in Wakulla at last word.

Also in the Wakulla woods, is an old alkie who used to travel with Patsy Cline but who was late for the plane that day. I can't remember his name.

For them what enjoy such, there are several faculty members at FSU who are big deals in the jazz performance world and who play in Paris and other strange burgs on a regular basis.

Doug Gauss dosen't travel much these days, but is an icon in folk music circles. Does anyone have a copy of his Christmas album that I can rip?

The late Vasser Clements (played with the Band, Grateful Dead, David Grissman, etc.) used to deliver Charles Chips in Tallahassee.

Archived