Hartford, Connecticut

Bartholomew

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...

I thought I should link the Hartford pictures I have posted in the Hartford forum to this thread. after all those of us in the Hartford forums know what the city looks like.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/Hartford...res-t44887.html

I continue to update this thread every few months. so check back.

we have some major construction projects either in the works or about to start, so there will be plenty of action.

$85million public safety complex just started construction

$40million LEED platinum AI engineers HQ building about to start

$40million front street mixed use project just started.

10 story hospital addition in progress

1200 space parking garage at a different hospital

these are all guaranteed to happen.

I took a few pictures from the top of state house square today to add to that other photo thread.

But here are a couple shots you likely won't get anywhere else but UP, unless someone is stealing my pics :)

Pictures021.jpg

Pictures030.jpg

This is XL insurance building in constitution plaza. it is also home to the UCONN MBA program.

I actually in a way love this building for its potential. Its so simple, but I see it is one of the very few parts of constitution plaza that are not crap. The bottom 20 feet needs to be turned into retail, Its leased by Uconn and they installed the tiker tape. I would like to see them knock out one of those windows and put in a door. its a nice building even for its blandness lack of height etc... The rest of the plaza might be what makes me like this one

Pictures031.jpg

This is Hartfords 2nd Skyline. its a little larger than this picture lets you see, but this is Hartford Hospital. I will have to take a shot from a little better angle next time, but you can see the area around Hartford Hospital is full of medical offices and such. With a new doctors program in Pharmacology starting up through St Josephs college, and a merger between UCONN med center and HH, a new 8 story 2300 space garage all on the way you can bet there will be much more happening in the next decade or so. the hospital merger could lead to 18,000 new jobs one study predicted. Yowza!

Pictures024.jpg

a nice view from the heart of downtown. There should be a condo blocking my view and taking advantage of that view.

looking NE

Pictures028.jpg

Across the parking looking at some state offices.

these should some day become housing

Pictures037.jpg

200 years of History.

in the background is Colts family and company compound.

the church, the rectory, and even the field behind that(colt park) were old colt company and family holdings.

the skyscraper in the foreground in only 80 or so. oh well

millions of guns paid for all that stuff.(and built this city as our insurance companies were getting going)

Archived