• Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love White Provisions too. It's the best of both worlds - attractive adaptive reuse mixed with cutting edge new.

Martinman - About Rock Springs Plaza.....I used to live over there, and it didn't always look as nice as it does now. I'm guessing about 5-6 years ago they gave the place a nice little facelift. Exposing/adding brick, standardized lettering for the shops, new awnings, etc. I'll miss it since it's so local and not chained out, but I do like what is taking it's place.

On a similar note, not sure if anyone remembers but this type of redevelopment is also going to wrap around the corner up to around where The Colonnade is. Selig bought the land under the antique strip mall, The Colonnade and the Cheshire Motor Lodge and had it rezoned to mixed-use. At the time, The Colonnade announced that they would be an "anchor" of the new development. This was at least a year or so ago......

When I drive around intown and see the amount of low to midrise development going on, I am amazed. This developments don't make the news because they do no pierce the sky but their voices and impact are just as loud. There is just so much infil going on. It makes me so happy to see. Especially readaptive uses going on along Memorial Drive just outside downtown. This is the type development that gets people intown. Services follow the people and I can see many services coming back to the city. The title of this thread is "Quiet Boom." I think the boom is loud and clear...it's more like an invisible boom. Like a clap of thunder. You may not see the ligthening bolt but you sure hear the thunder.

Speaking of which, there was a brief mention in the AJC of what will replace the Atlanta Dairy which is now closed. Someone was quoted in the paper says they are selling to a developer who is planning condos and a grocery store. Who would have imagined a grocery store in this part of Memorial a few years ago?

Heres another project planned for Memorial Drive.

301 Memorial pdf

Archived