The "Quiet Boom" in Urban Living

Andrea

When I drive around intown and see the amount of low to midrise development going on, I am amazed. This developments don't make the news because they do no pierce the sky but their voices and impact are just as loud. There is just so much infil going on. It makes me so happy to see. Especially readaptive uses going on along Memorial Drive just outside downtown. This is the type development that gets people intown. Services follow the people and I can see many services coming back to the city. The title of this thread is "Quiet Boom." I think the boom is loud and clear...it's more like an invisible boom. Like a clap of thunder. You may not see the ligthening bolt but you sure hear the thunder.

• 3 months later...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A world class Urban Land and Use planning conference by CIFAL Atlanta held at Lagrange College in Lagrance, GA - about an hour south of Hartsfield International Airport on I-85. Here's the link. Here's the program info -

PROGRAM INFORMATION

The 2008 Cities for Sustainable Growth forum will explore opportunities for environmentally sustainable, community-centered

Archived