Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wrldcoupe4

Richmond Front Page Photo Poll

Richmond Front Page Photo Poll   26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Photo Should be Used on Richmond's Front Page?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 posts in this topic

I don't know if it's too late or not, but to be fair, maybe Tommy should add a third pic, if that's allowed.

You should have used some better pictures of Richmond, like in downtown.

Keep in mind that the front page photo (the one under the urban planet banner) has a set image size and some of these pano shots will not look as good resized as they do now. Perhaps resizing these photos to the size they will be on the front page and reposting them will help in the decision process.

You should have used some better pictures of Richmond, like in downtown.

There's only one picture that is barely outside of downtown... :dontknow:

I said (IN) downtown, but you know that picture is just not good enough for our City of Richmond. We should have a great picture showing off the city.

I would say 5 would be the best rep. for the city. I don't live there so I'm not going to vote.

Rus your opinion is always welcome...

Yes, Rus, please do vote. And that goes for others as well.

I could only vote once, but the pictures I like best are #3, #6 and #8. I'm not trying to be diplomatic choosing one from each contributor; it just reflects my choices.

I could only vote once, but the pictures I like best are #3, #6 and #8. I'm not trying to be diplomatic choosing one from each contributor; it just reflects my choices.

I like the photo of the capitol already on the page.

I still like photo number 5 since it includes the entire skyline. Plus, it's not a pano photo and would be easier to place on the Richmond page. The other photos are great too, but I would like to portray just how dense our skyline is - photo #5 does just that.

I think #4 is the best picture in quality, but I think # 8, showing the train station, really captures the feeling of being in the bottom during the summer. I understand many of you want to show off the skyline, but personally I feel that the view from the street is more representative of what makes a place unique.

Well, so far its dead even #2 with #5. Cmon folks, we need more votes!

Well, so far its dead even #2 with #5. Cmon folks, we need more votes!

But each person can only vote once, right?

Right, I think it logs your name and or IP.

Right, I think it logs your name and or IP.

What does I.P. mean? I've often seen it but never knew its meaning.

Internet Protocol, but I had meant your IP address, it's way too technical for me to explain in full, but usually for me it means a method of identifying you online among other things. Websites can be traced by them too. I'm not sure what UP's is.

But each person can only vote once, right?

Right. The system will not let you vote more than once.

I just created a three way tie by voting for #6.

Good man, Henry! It was my first choice also, though all of the photos are exceptional.

In fact, I liked #6 so much after it was posted that I hung it up on my labtop as wallpaper. Every visitor that comes into my apartment remarks on it and asks where it was taken.

Other favorites are #2 because we see the skyline from a different perspective and I think the rails on the south bank of the James give the impression of approaching "Emerald City".

#3 is well composed, angular, strong and sentimental when one remembers that the city will be losing that tower.

#8 is an excellent depiction of one of Richmond's most recognized landmarks. The striped awnings of the Railroad YMCA in the foreground set off Main Street Station perfectly.