Richmond Front Page Photo Poll

wrldcoupe4

Richmond Front Page Photo Poll  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Photo Should be Used on Richmond's Front Page?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mind that the front page photo (the one under the urban planet banner) has a set image size and some of these pano shots will not look as good resized as they do now. Perhaps resizing these photos to the size they will be on the front page and reposting them will help in the decision process.

I think #4 is the best picture in quality, but I think # 8, showing the train station, really captures the feeling of being in the bottom during the summer. I understand many of you want to show off the skyline, but personally I feel that the view from the street is more representative of what makes a place unique.

Internet Protocol, but I had meant your IP address, it's way too technical for me to explain in full, but usually for me it means a method of identifying you online among other things. Websites can be traced by them too. I'm not sure what UP's is.

I just created a three way tie by voting for #6.

Good man, Henry! It was my first choice also, though all of the photos are exceptional.

In fact, I liked #6 so much after it was posted that I hung it up on my labtop as wallpaper. Every visitor that comes into my apartment remarks on it and asks where it was taken.

Other favorites are #2 because we see the skyline from a different perspective and I think the rails on the south bank of the James give the impression of approaching "Emerald City".

#3 is well composed, angular, strong and sentimental when one remembers that the city will be losing that tower.

#8 is an excellent depiction of one of Richmond's most recognized landmarks. The striped awnings of the Railroad YMCA in the foreground set off Main Street Station perfectly.

Archived