What is your professional background?

archrise

What is your professional background?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What is your professional background?

• Architect
    • Developer
    • Real-estate
    • City Official
    • Other

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm telling you.. Orlando is the next Silicon Valley..Your in the right place at the right time:)

There are a few components missing to make this Silicon Valley. 1) Boat loads of engineers trained at Stanford. 2) No major government research centers. 3) No centralized financial community that will finance deals over lunch or on the back nine.

There are a few components missing to make this Silicon Valley. 1) Boat loads of engineers trained at Stanford. 2) No major government research centers. 3) No centralized financial community that will finance deals over lunch or on the back nine.

1) We have boatloads of engineers trained at the Florida Technological University aka UCF.

2) I'm pretty sure we have government research centers for simulation around here somewhere considering we already have the largest simulation and training hub in the world.

3) The Orlando Sentinel had an article explaining how the Burnham Institute had been influenced partially in their decision to come to Orlando based on a golf game.

Of course we do, bulldogger you're absolutely correct. UCF has built and will continue to build quite the reputation for all schools engineering.

As far as #3 goes, how the hell do you think we accomplish half of the stuff in this city that we do? City Council meetings? Closed chamber sessions? For the most part what you see happening here is as a result over some bullcrap and beer. Lighten up.

Too many of ya'll are dogging on the city when a peson makes a simple statement. I dont believe that "We could be the next silicone valley" was meant out of anything more than a little excitement over what is currently happening, not what we have yet to achieve. God help us if we dont start enjoying the things were getting. A lot of you newer forumers have this attitude like "I'll tell you what we dont have". Take that sh!t somewhere else, i'm tired of it.

Back to the topic. Wheres my coffee?

Of course we do, bulldogger you're absolutely correct. UCF has built and will continue to build quite the reputation for all schools engineering.

As far as #3 goes, how the hell do you think we accomplish half of the stuff in this city that we do? City Council meetings? Closed chamber sessions? For the most part what you see happening here is as a result over some bullcrap and beer. Lighten up.

Too many of ya'll are dogging on the city when a peson makes a simple statement. I dont believe that "We could be the next silicone valley" was meant out of anything more than a little excitement over what is currently happening, not what we have yet to achieve. God help us if we dont start enjoying the things were getting. A lot of you newer forumers have this attitude like "I'll tell you what we dont have". Take that sh!t somewhere else, i'm tired of it.

THANK YOU, WELL SAID!

Didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm a market analyst and I have to keep everything in perspective. Along those lines, if we could get larger grants from the DOD funneled to UCF and make it truly competitive with the its West Coast and Northeastern counterparts we can play ball.

Sounds to me like...

1.) You misread bulldoggers post. I thought he was sticking up for the area, not demeaning it, and

2.) I think you could stand to lighten up. Whenever someone makes an unbiased, realistic, truthful assessment of Orlando that isn't full of starry-eyed exhuberance, you seem to take it personally. We all know Orlando is on the verge of becoming a truly cosmopolitan city, but it isn't quite there yet. No need to get upset with people for speaking the truth as they see it. This forum is for discussing issues and differing opinions and there is no rule that everyone has to agree with you or me or anyone else.

Now enjoy your coffee. And remember, if you empty the pot, make another one.

Here we go again:

1. Sounds to me like you didn't really read the black print. I agreed with bulldogger. Since you missed it, what I said to him was "bulldogger you are absolutely correct." Not quite sure how you didn't catch that.

2.I am one of the most relaxed people that you'll ever not meet. I could give a crap about how someone views this city. I'll still wake up Monday morning, get dressed and go out and build my buildings and push the ones in the pipeline so we have something to talk about What I do get tired of was completely summarized in my post.

If you really pay attention to my post I think you'll find just the contrary to your accususation. 95% of them are construction related and end up in construction threads. Can't really argue with me on that.

I think a lot of the problem is that so many things get lost when you are typing rather than having a conversation. Case and point- Delgreco. What he doesn't realize is that I 95% agree with his opinions on Parramore but because we all communicate in different ways it tends to come across somewhat convaluted. Im done discussing this. I fully stand behind my post and the point that I was trying to make.

I feel like I've spent more time on this thread and still haven't answered the titled question. :)

I feel like I've spent more time on this thread and still haven't answered the titled question. :)

I read your post and to me, it looked like you were in agreement with my statement the whole way. Since you addressed it to me, everyone else assumed your argument later in your post was directed to me as well, which it wasn't.

Now about your professional background...

Who dat Pimp be?

Right on Orlandonative i agree with you.Lets enjoy what we have and whats coming our way.Orlando is going to be and is awesome right now.Just wait and see!

Archived