Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trae

Park Tower: Houston

21 posts in this topic

Park Tower Houston

If you didn't know already, the Downtown Park has spawned a new residential building.

Park Tower Houston

311xInlineGallery.jpg

22,000 square feet of retail will be at the bottom. Hopefully facing the park.

Park1.png

Park4.png

aa28pv.jpg

Is this building definitely going up, depends on pre-sales, anything like that?

It is definetly going up. Here is what it would look like for a person looking up from street level:

parktower.gif

And as a bonus for you guys, here is a small project map of Downtown Houston:

whatsnext.jpg

Areas in black will get prime real estate development...

Some good spots for a Trump Tower Houston :P.

It is definetly going up.

That's good to hear. I used to work in both First City Tower and Houston Center, so it's interesting to see that side of downtown come into its own. Some savvy developer needs to get a block or more of land in that vicinity tied down with a grocery store, cleaners, etc. yesterday.

Great job Trae. The Park Tower will blend-into the urban fabric of downtown Houston nicely. Thanks for the bonus project aerial. I will be interested to see how the Houston Pavilllions will turn out.

I will go dig up the article, but a developer has bought the land to the northwest of the park. Right in front of the Hilton-Americas Hotel.

It will definatley be interesting to see the completion of this... My aunt works for a restaraunt group and they are going to be opening up a fine dining and a fast casual rest. in some park downtown during 07... I'm not sure if its this park, but I know the park is supposed to have a "central park feel" to it, so this sorda sounds like it may be the place....

Good project map. It's going to be centrally located to just about everything, especially stadiums. What I like about downtown Houston is that everything is within a block of each other, the same can be said for major city centers.

Great looking tower for Houston! And I'm glad to see some of those street level parking lots in that part of downtown finally being used for something valuable. I stayed in the Hilton Americas last summer, and got an awesome view of the skyline and the entire downtown area, but all of the parking lots and empty land around there is a big downer. Also, the location there in front of the Houston Center is a great one. From what I've experienced in downtown Houston, the park that is there currently never served much of a purpose anyway, so I can't see that being a big loss at all when compared with what will replace it. :thumbsup:

aaiv4.jpg

What is going to soon happen to the area around the Park Tower:

aa6bx1.jpg

This is off topic, but after seeing that awesome first picture of the Houston skyline, I was reminded of something. Why is it that the crown on Continental Center only seems to be lit for a few hours every night? I really like the blue lighting of the crown, especially considering the rest of the skyline isn't really lit up that well.

I don't know. Maybe their bill was too high or something. Or, they might just keep it lit until the crowds leave downtown and no one is really around to see the lighting.

wow its great to see ppl interested in downtown houston, until i was 12 i lived in the heart of downtown but then we moved to the suburbs :( but my dad got a new job so supposedly we're gonna be moving into this building...i hope so...

Pretty nice tower. The park seems to be sparking a bit of a renaissance in that part of downtown, which is what parks are supposed to do.

Construction has begun on One Park Place, the 37-story 346 unit apartment tower. It will have 21,800 sf of retail space at the ground level and 793 parking spaces on level 2 thru 7. It is expected to be ready for occupancy in Feb. 2009.

The height for One Park Place is 501 feet.

One Park Place rising up in the Houston skyline behind the Toyota Center

houston005bd5.jpg