Church Street: Nashville's "Gay District?"

ariesjow

David, I think you're right that this discussion could go on and on. Regarding how you see your relationship and how you believe God sees it, what's your standard for knowing whether or not God accepts it? His Word is quite clear that homosexuality is sin.

Quite clear? Really? I respectfully disagree, however, it's difficult to defend my own life against something as nebulous as "quite clear". Fortunately, I no longer feel the need to defend (happens when you reach a "certain age"). Remember: peace that passes understanding; it took me a long time to find it!

I believe this may be heading well beyond the scope of UrbanPlanet - and certainly out of bounds of the topic. I don't doubt your sincerity. I do doubt my own ability to change your strongly-held beliefs. That's really ok -- truth is, I'm wildly unlikely to change my own equally strong beliefs based on what you or anybody has to say.

You are on your journey. I am on mine. Yours is not my responsibility. My hands are full with my own :) I try my best to be a good example. From all indications around me, I've been pretty successful. Hopefully, and with God's help, I'll be a better example tomorrow - as will you.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think this thread is heading out of bounds? Well of course it is, but what did you expect? If I started a thread talking about how Franklin is moving towards shipping out all the black people, would you comment on how it's progressed that way? No, you'd comment on how racist it is. Same thing for us who view the growing acceptence of homosexuality as the growing downfall of the world. But for any Christian who reads the bible, Jesus told us that Christians will be a persecuted minority, so it's not like this is a surprise. I certainly support peoples rights to ignore God's will, after all, it's been happening since the beginning of time. But I will also point it out when the topic comes up.

(please note, I said growing acceptance of homosexuality, not growing numbers. Statistics show that 2% of americans consider themselves homosexual, which is about the same as it's been for the past 40 years. The difference is that nowadays more people view it as acceptable)

It's been my experience that people who are truely faithful, and that includes some Christians, do not concern themselves with Gays and Lesbians as it has nothing to do with their relationship with their maker. And they certainly don't take the time to find studies about homosexuals to improve their relationship with God. It amazes me that people who call themselves Christian use that religion as an excuse to cast judgements on others. Something that Jesus Christ himself advised against and should be obvious and clear to "anyone who bothers to read the Bible". The word that comes to mind is hypocrite.

In any case this thread is way out of bounds for the topic at hand and for the Nashville coffee house in general, hence I am closing it. Nashville seems to be leading the pack these days in threads that get closed on this site. I wish some of you would quit wasting our time here.

Archived