The next crane?

MidTenn1

What's next?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. For what Nashville project will the next tower crane go up?

• Signature Tower
    • West End Summit
    • Terrazo
    • The Crown
    • The Sounds Baseball Development
    • The Westin
    • Other (Elaborate)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really have no clue since I haven't been there in a few months. But I went with the ballpark. I'm really excited to see that underway.

With the pics you guys have posted, I've been able to see the already (how many???) cranes up. This poll alone brings a pause of wonderment to me as I think back to li'l ol' Nashville of the early 90s (when I lived there). I can assure you that there was little to no speculation on what the next crane would be, much less when it would be. There was such a long drought that nobody would have bothered. It's truly amazing what has happened in the last 15 years. To some people, that may seem like a lot of time. To me, that was the year (1991) that I could legally drink. Yikes!!!

I really have no clue since I haven't been there in a few months. But I went with the ballpark. I'm really excited to see that underway.

With the pics you guys have posted, I've been able to see the already (how many???) cranes up. This poll alone brings a pause of wonderment to me as I think back to li'l ol' Nashville of the early 90s (when I lived there). I can assure you that there was little to no speculation on what the next crane would be, much less when it would be. There was such a long drought that nobody would have bothered. It's truly amazing what has happened in the last 15 years. To some people, that may seem like a lot of time. To me, that was the year (1991) that I could legally drink. Yikes!!!

Same here. The amount of development in Nashville is just mind-boggling when one compares it to the 90's. What sparked this urban development frenzy? Was it The Cumberland?

I voted Terrazzo by process of elimination:

1) Siggie has some hurdles to cross before the crane stage it seems

2) WES....I think the Great Pyramids were moving faster than this thing

3) Crown isn't approved, or even close to approved, and they're still examining the SoBro height policy. It's a ways off

4) Baseball Development, I was close to voting for this one, but they've yet to release final drawings, and don't those have to approved first?

5) Westin....It's not even approved yet

6) I thought about saying RMH, but I went with Terrazzo

Although Terrazzo is lagging in sales, I still think it's closer to crane stage than the others.

Same here. The amount of development in Nashville is just mind-boggling when one compares it to the 90's. What sparked this urban development frenzy? Was it The Cumberland?

I think that the Cumberland was a big factor is proving that downtown residential was going to be viable, but I am not sure I could say it was the only condition that allowed people to look back downtown. So spark yes, instigator probably not, the main instigator can probably be attributed mainly to good city and business leadership that created the proper environment for the spark to set a fire.

It will be either WES or Signature (I would bet on WES). Nobody is talking about Terazzo anymore, and the full contract drawings for WES is here in the office right now. The Sounds stadium will most likely not require a tower crane.

Is this for the hotel tower, office tower, or both?

Is this for the hotel tower, office tower, or both?

Right now, just the hotel and residential tower. I have no time table on construction, but these drawings are here before any of the other projects mentioned. While it's not an overwhelming building, the design will look nice opposite Palmer Plaza on West End.

I am thinking that the Terrazzo will be next to break ground. Then depends on when Rhythm gets going. That would be next if ground breaks this year. Then my guess after that would be the Sounds project and Rolling Mill Hill. There will have to be a crane at the Sounds project if not more than one because of the commercial, hotel and residential aspects of it. Rolling Mill Hill will have multiple cranes as well because there will be at least 4 or 5 more buildings, all 4 to 6 stories going up in addition to the current buildings there needing renovation.

If you really want to get technical, I would bet on another crane at Vandy. There is a crane base next to the ER.

If you really want to get technical, I would bet on another crane at Vandy. There is a crane base next to the ER.

Ron, you were on the money. According to the Tennessean, the State has approved Vanderbilt University Medical Center's hospital expansion plans. VUMC wants to start on the new 11 story tower almost immediately.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...NEWS07/60927022

Terrazzo is deffinately coming on. Press has been extensive and positive with the LEED Green elements to boot.

They have limited the number of investors and have higher deposit schedules than some. Their prices aren't for everyone, but as others have said here we need a mix in our urban neighborhoods and you can't have a balance if it's all on one side of the scale.

Terrazzo is deffinately coming on. Press has been extensive and positive with the LEED Green elements to boot.

They have limited the number of investors and have higher deposit schedules than some. Their prices aren't for everyone, but as others have said here we need a mix in our urban neighborhoods and you can't have a balance if it's all on one side of the scale.

Heard this morning in the office that Terrazzo may be a "no go" due to lack of reservations. WES has been put in the "iffy" category also due in part to the Tennessean article this weekend and lack of reservations.

West End towers delayed

To say you're going to do it with only 25% leased and you're having issues financing it is an oxymoron.

I know. 25% leased to date but we can't tell you who they are. As soon as we sell 30 or 40 condos for 700 a foot and find a lender/partner for the hotel to complement our Intercont Mgmt contract and then we're off to the races. However, we can tell you that we've signed a 8k sf restaurant deal which represents less than 1% of the space we're developing. Sorry to the board for the sarcasm but to read the Tennesean's article you'd almost think it was a done deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived