View all of Detroit!

Ark

Note to moderators: I don't think this is spam. It's completely free & is 100% relative to this board IMO. If i'm wrong about this then please let me know.

I've found a pretty interesting site I wanted to share with you guys. If you guys like Google maps you should love this: http://www.zillow.com/aerial/DualMapPage.htm?zpid=62283230

On the left screen you can view the street map, satellite map & hybrid map (like on Google maps). On the right screen you can view a really interesting 3d view (called birds eye view). This is definitely the future of satellite maps IMO. I'm sure a similar feature will come to Google maps in due time - but for now you can see it on Zillow.

This site is mainly for real estate purposes. So when you click on the homes you can see all kinds of details & you can see the home prices on the left map, but it can be fun for those of us who just like to check out cities for recreational purposes. Please reply letting me know what you guys think.

The map doesn't cover the suburbs yet unfortunately - only Detroit. For a complete guide of coverage areas, a list of famous home views & general birds eye view info, go here:

http://www.zillow.com/howto/BirdsEye.htm

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, I noticed that too. I also don't like how many of the smaller buildings are missing from downtown. Most of Greektown isn't there, and some other buildings are missing too. It makes it look like Detroit has more parking lots than it really does.

I was hoping it would be a good way to show people (from the internet) what Detroit looks like, since the way downtown is arranged you can't show it all at once in a single photo, or even very well in a group of photos.

Archived