Cincy's view of NKY

rnc

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do Cincinnatians feel about the development going on in NKY? Are you happy to see the other side of the river turning itself around? Do you frequent the Levee, Hofbrauhaus, Covington's Mainstrasse or do you stick to your side of the river?

From what I have heard people in Cincy aren't as mad that NKY is getting these projects, but more angered that Cincy with all its red tape hinders the projects from going in DT Cincy.

Finally a response... I guess not too many Cincinnati folks browse here. I'll check the site you mentioned, thanks.

As for my opinion, I think it will benefit the city in the long run for both sides of the river to develop into lively, desirable places to live. Cincy is definitely missing the boat here, they've basically watched the NKY waterfront develop for 6+ years and in the meantime they've put up 2 new stadiums but nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Kentucky benefits from being able to look at Cincinnati everyday. A more developed Kentucky riverfront would help to make living in downtown a little more visually appeasing. However, a lot of downtown residences, aside from The Banks, will exist in the CBD, OTR, and the surrounding hills, not necessarily on the river.

Archived