raleightransplant

Downtown Raleigh's Future

4 hours ago, DanRNC said:

Capital Realty Group appear to be modern day slum lords specializing in government-subsidized housing - far from a win for Raleigh.  

It is better than trying to find all those seniors on limited incomes a place to live in an ever increasingly expensive Raleigh.  

• Like 1

The more I hear about this project, the more bizarre it appears. Only Raleigh could pull something this boneheaded off.

23 hours ago, DanRNC said:

The more I hear about this project, the more bizarre it appears. Only Raleigh could pull something this boneheaded off.

amazing

• Like 1

from a Triangle Business Journal article subscriber

Triangle developer Loden Properties has acquired the former Days Inn at 300 N. Dawson St. and a neighboring parcel for $6.5 million, with plans to convert the half-century-old building into a 57-room hotel.  Called the Longleaf Hotel, renovations at the building will pay homage to its mid-century modern design, according to Loden Properties.

If anyone can take a picture of this existing motel as I can not picture it.  This is a great plan and these retro motels are the in thing now look at the one in downtown Durham the Unscripted I think is the name. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Triangle developer Loden Properties has acquired the former Days Inn at 300 N. Dawson St. and a neighboring parcel for $6.5 million, with plans to convert the half-century-old building into a 57-room hotel.  Called the Longleaf Hotel, renovations at the building will pay homage to its mid-century modern design, according to Loden Properties.

If anyone can take a picture of this existing motel as I can not picture it.  This is a great plan and these retro motels are the in thing now look at the one in downtown Durham the Unscripted I think is the name. 

THis is the old fleabag motel at the corner of Lane and Dawson/McDowell.  Last thing on the left before you pass Babylon heading north out of downtown.  Noticed the construction fence up earlier this week.   That restaurant has been at least four different things over the last 10 years, none of which made it.  Was a sub place for the longest and most successful run.

• Like 3

Meanwhile, the well-connected Steve Stroud has hired former Hurricane Ron Francis. Although RF may deal in general commercial real estate, I suspect this is really aimed at a DTR arena... deliciously ironic because one of the streets around PNC was named E. Stephen Stroud Way. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 4:01 PM, KJHburg said:

Here's the tax record and photos, including one from before its most recent renovation. I'm not sure when it was originally built but it doesn't really have that nice Rte 66 mid-mod or downtown Vegas look to it, even in the older picture. I've seen some wicked cool re-dos of old motor lodges though, so maybe they can pull it off. My fav is the Wall Street Suites in Bend Oregon which combined two old rooms into single larger suites. 

• Like 3