Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arkansas_buff

Ivory Billed Woodpecker

6 posts in this topic

Two things I wanted to make mention of...

1. I think it's great that AR is trying to capitalize on the Ivory Billed Woodpecker sighting. To some extent, it's working. My kids watch a show every morning on Disney called "Little Einsteins." Just a few months back, the kids on the show took a trip to the Ozark Mountains to help the "Ivory Billed Woodpecker" find his friend. (I know, I know. The bird wasn't actually sighted in the Ozarks, but that's where the cartoon had him).

2. We may not be the only place you can find this rare bird. Another sighting is now being reported in FL. See the KTHV story here.

Two things I wanted to make mention of...

1. I think it's great that AR is trying to capitalize on the Ivory Billed Woodpecker sighting. To some extent, it's working. My kids watch a show every morning on Disney called "Little Einsteins." Just a few months back, the kids on the show took a trip to the Ozark Mountains to help the "Ivory Billed Woodpecker" find his friend. (I know, I know. The bird wasn't actually sighted in the Ozarks, but that's where the cartoon had him).

2. We may not be the only place you can find this rare bird. Another sighting is now being reported in FL. See the KTHV story here.

Yeah I heard about a possible sightin gin Florida. Of course there are people who still don't believe either sightings. Overall I think we're just going to have to wait till more concrete proof comes out. But it's certainly nice to think we actually do have a species once thought extinct.

I'm gonna move this to the coffeeshop topic, since it doesn't really relate to development.

We might not even have the Ivory Bill.

No, there's not concrete proof yet anywhere.

This whole thing is like the "Big Foot Film" from Bluff Creek, WA or UFO sightings in Roswell, NM and "Area 51". Bringing in believers in search of concrete evidence. At least they're spending money while they're here.