Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
803metlife

What's Happening in the Metro

59 posts in this topic

This thread is being started to list all the events and happenings in the Columbia Metropolitian area. To inform the people of Columbia on whats happening around the city. Please start with the venue and the date. Just to start things off

Mike Epps will be a the Comedy House this Frid 9/29/06-9/31/06

for anyone who doesn't know who Mike Epps He's the guy that plays Da Da on THE NEXT FRIDAY.

Charlotte Bob Cats VS Indiana Pacers on 10/24/06 @ the Colonial Center

T.I., Young Dro, Lil Wayne, & Loyd @ Colonial Center on 11/4/06

Please feel free to add

ZOMBIE WALK

a bunch of people are meeting in MLK park behind Five Points tomorrow night and will walk to the Art Bar...DRESSED AND ACTING LIKE ZOMBIES!!! this should be cool. i'd go but i have work, so i'll probably find them on the way towards the Art Bar and take some pics. crazy stuff like this is why i love this town.

The State says that while 34,000 wristbands were sold St Pats in Five Points, as many as 50,000 people were likely there if you count the areas that don't sell wristbands.

Article

Lupe Fiasco and Gym Class Heroes are performing at the Kroger Center April 10. I think its just for USC students though. Got my ticket! Only $5!

I sure wouldn't mind seeing Lupe Fiasco in concert. His CD is the truth.

Yeah that would be nice..."Kick push, kick push, kick push, kick push...COAST!" :whistling: And I am quite fond of :camera: Gym Class Heros..."Take a look at myyyy girlfriend :shok: .....Lada-da-da! :alc:

Here's the entire schedule for the Columbia Festival of the Arts. I'll make it either this weekend or next weekend hopefully.

John Mccain is having his whole presidential bid thing tonight... but I say everyone boycott it because theres a bunch of people standing out front of Adluh flying confederate battle flags (note how that is not capitalized).

Some people are determind to ruin the image of SC and more importantly Columbia.

Oh geesh. Why is it that people in SC are more determined to hold on to the past?

I think we should build a time machine and zap their asses back to the 1800s

I saw that mess going on...I think that truly was distasteful. :sick: Old men waving confederate flags, all while the dem. party debates were taking place in the area.

:rofl: Can you put a rush on that time machine?

On a more fun note, I saw Nunsense - Amen at Trustus on Thursday night and it was hilarious. I highly recommend it. Trustus is the only professional theatre in both Carolinas.

I know it's not in Columbia, but Beyonce and Robin Thicke are coming to Charlotte. I think everybody and their mother is going lol

I know it's not in Columbia, but Beyonce and Robin Thicke are coming to Charlotte. I think everybody and their mother is going lol

Is your mother going with you? ;)

I hope Beyonce can keep her balance this time around, LOL.

I wanna go, :stop: but by the time i went to get a ticket, they were asking $100 for the sucky seats way in the back. :shok: I'll just wait on the dvd. Luckily I've seen here before so I'm not terribly dissapointed. I prefer looking at Michelle :wub: and Kelly anyway! :camera:

It's that time of the year!!!! On Oct,8 at 7:00pm the Colonial Center will be hosting The New York Knicks vs. Philadelphia 76'ers. NBA exhibition game. This is a must see game!!! Tickets are now on sale!!! :thumbsup:

This could be interesting, but could also very well backfire on Mayor Bob...

Colbert to be honored by Mayor Coble Sunday at University